nVIDIA SHIELD™ ANDROID TV console - OUT NOW!

Sega Saturn emulator now on Android, and it seems it works well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.uoyabause.android

No time to try it myself, but I'm sure many here will give it a go and report back.

Chris
There's a port of this for pandora I believe, and it should make it to the pyra. I doubt my old android phone could handle much and I don't have any other android stuff, except for a Lieutenant Data action figure and that doesen't count...

Sega Saturn emulator now on Android, and it seems it works well. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.uoyabause.android

No time to try it myself, but I'm sure many here will give it a go and report back.

Chris
There's a port of this for pandora I believe, and it should make it to the pyra. I doubt my old android phone could handle much and I don't have any other android stuff, except for a Lieutenant Data action figure and that doesen't count...
I've got the Shield portable, so I'll give that a go when I get the chance, but I know we have some Shield tablets and TV users here, so I'm sure it would run best on those devices.

Chris

With my limited testing, Shied Android TV runs ouYabause effortlessly.  Radiant Silvergun and Panzer Dragoon Saga run 100% speed with no frameskip enabled.

Wtf? Are you serious mate? 100% full speed???
If the Pandora can do 50% full speed I don't see why the Android TV stuff could not do much better. Nothing really extraordinary.  
50% full speed is good?

In emulation that 50% is worlds apart, and for me personally, I don't even boot up an emulator if it's running less than 90%. I personally agree with SONY, this is amazing. Saturn is probably one of the hardest consoles to emulate full speed with out HUGE amounts of horsepower, and until now, the PC was the only place to see that done.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
50% full speed is good?
No one suggested that. He's saying that since the Pandora can do 50% speed it is not surprising at all that the Shield can handle 100%. It would actually be surprising if the Shield could NOT handle 100%. It's amazing in the same way that a Ferrari can outperform a VW Bug.

I would someday take the guts of Shield Android TV and fitted them into a case with a 7" 1080P screen and a keyboard and controls, and whoala!, I would have the most powerful mobile gaming device on the planet ;)

But I still like my Pandora/Pyra though as I can get real work done ;)

I would someday take the guts of Shield Android TV and fitted them into a case with a 7" 1080P screen and a keyboard and controls, and whoala!, I would have the most powerful mobile gaming device on the planet ;)
Maybe the new "portable" will come to the rescue? We can dream right? ;)

Chris

And considering a cheap TV set box can do it
It's not about how cheap it is, it's about how powerful it is. That's why it's not unexpected.
Cheap set top boxes don't normally have high end chip sets, so yes, this is very much the definition of "unexpected". 

1.not expected; unforeseen; surprising:

an unexpected pleasure; an unexpected development.

Chris

The Shield TV costs $199 as a base. You and I have a radically different definition of "cheap".

Back