Odd Usb Port Issue

zektor

I received the wifi dongle today and decided to give it a go. At first, it was VERY hard to plug in to the USB port. Then, it slid right in. I figured "great", it found my network and I was able to play around with Links and some other network apps. Next, I go to remove it. It was stuck! I did not want to apply to much pressure in pulling it, but it was in there like it was glued to the machine. After awhile of messing with it (and breaking out in a sweat) I was able to remove it. I tried again and actually found that if while I push it in I pull it forward (to the front of the device) slightly, it'll slide right in smoothly like any other USB device. Same deal when I remove it. I have to simultaneously pull it toward the front of the machine while pulling it out and it comes out smoothly. Seems the casing of the Caanoo is causing this. Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? I guess it is not a big deal because it works fine, but that was scary when I couldn't get the damn thing out!

Maybe newly produced caanoo have some funny plastic defects =D

Could you please state the date of production of your Caanoo?

quasist said:

My date is 7/21/11. So what you are saying is that your USB port is smooth and does not exhibit this issue? I was actually looking for a confirmation or denial that someone else has encountered the issue...

Last edited by a moderator:
zektor said:
quasist said:

My date is 7/21/11. So what you are saying is that your USB port is smooth and does not exhibit this issue? I was actually looking for a confirmation or denial that someone else has encountered the issue...
My Caanoo production date is 2010/08/10. I suppose the your caanoo is from batch that was 100$ (or euro) one.

Can you please state your caanoo production number (that comes after the date). That will tell how much caanoos existed before 7/21/11 =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'll get that information when I get home and have the chance. But for now, how is YOUR usb port?

Mine works fine.

But isn't the wifi dongle plug non-standard and instead uses some crappy plastic one? The plug in the Caanoo as far as I can tell is just your average run of the mill USB connector.

Back