Odroid-S

SashaX

Still Fresh
Hi there ^^

I received the Odroid-S a few days ago.
Its a VERY POWERFUL machine.

For emulation example, it runs Fzero of Snes at Frameskip 0 full perfect with perfect sound too.
Also Yoshis Island, StarFox (full speed, just a minor noises scratchs), StuntRaceFX, speed 100% too with FS 0...

The screen quality is amazing; no ghosting, no diagonal or deinterlacing.

The button layout also perfect to "big-handed" people.

But, the problem i cant resolve is that when i push left on the D-Pad and "A" simultaneosly or also with up and "B", it just dont responds...

I believe that this problem is called "Axis Snapping" (correct me if im wrong), and i have absolutely no idea on how to solve it.

Is it a O.S. problem? An emulator problem? Or a hardware problem?
Maybe any Android user has managed to fix that. How?

Another issue is that usually there's certain lag between image and sound, that happens on emus, movies, all.

Any help or ideas would be highly appreciated. ^^

No idea about the Odroid, but it might be that the Matrix doesn't allow certain combinations or more than 2 buttons at once.
This would be stupid for gaming buttons though and I hope it's not the cause, as that would be unfixable in hardware.

Might also be a software bug. The hardware docu for the Odroid is out there - maybe someone who got it can shed some light onto this?

If you check out the ODROID forums on the Hard Kernal website (the company that makes the ODROID),there is a post about this exact issue. It seems to only happen in a couple of the emulators, which means its a software issue. No fix yet, but I'm sure if you keep an eye on that topic, it will get addressed.

Thank you both!
I've made the same question in the Official Odroid-S forums.

Lets hope we (yeah, theres more people with the same issue) get a possitive answer ^^

Greetings

Can you download a CPU benchmark or System info app and report the BogoMIPS of the new Odroid-S? The old Odroid is 665.19.

Back