Official Best Games For Gameboy / Gameboy Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalnmx

Playful/Fascist Mod
Website
www.matts-hosting.com
Another "Best Games" topic! Post your favorities here with a short description (aka blurb) or a link to one! The game's compatibility with current GP32 emulators would also be a welcome addition. All other "Best Games" topics for GB/GBC will be merged into here.

generalnmx u da man!

ill start off my saying the zelda's ( awsome rpg's), mario's(allways great) the ddr games( gb port of the arcade 1s) and final fantasy adventure( great rpg[ this game is the games befor secret of mana])

All the Pokemon games work good on fGB32, in case you haven't played some of them yet...

Pokemon Crystal (which I'm starting to play now :unsure: ):
Works best at 1.66:2 resolution (full screen), FS1, synchronisation set to frame limit.

Pokemon Card Game:
isn't a big game, but it's surprisingly fun, maybe even more so than a regular Pokemon game. It works best at the same settings as above, but with the synchronisation off.

Pop Up:
A little, forgotten GB puzzle game that's really fun to play (100 maze-like levels) and has great music. You can download a remix of the music here. ;)

Dragon Warrior I & II:
This is ONE rom, not 2, and it is an updated version of the classic Enix RPGs for the NES. Better graphics and a more intuitive interface, and 2 GREAT turn-based RPGs.

Dragon Warrior III:
This is another great RPG, but be prepared, it's really, really LONG. It's the biggest cartridge ever released for the GBC, if that says anything. I haven't tested this on the GP32, so I'm not sure how well it works...

mario golf, tennis

Metal Gear solid, one of THE best games for GBC, but freeses in the elevator so you have to transfer your save to pc get past it, then transfer it back.

pokemon gold, better than crystal.

generalnmx u da man!

ill start off my saying the zelda's ( awsome rpg's), mario's(allways great) the ddr games( gb port of the arcade 1s) and final fantasy adventure( great rpg[ this game is the games befor secret of mana])
there is ddr for gbc!
wow i have to check that out

i never played it but i heard imagination or magi nation
something like that
was good

Last edited by a moderator:
question about pokemon: will u be able to trade pokemon with a gameboy, color, advance, sp with a gp32 with the mod that mashmods have?
No, that mod is just for things that require power. Like lights etc. It doesn't let you transfer information (yet anyway, and I doubt it ever will).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wario games- Brilliant platformers, differant to Mario so its an alternative.

MGS- My first GBC game, Brilliant, fantastic, marvellous and a good game!

Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Adventure II
Final Fantasy Adventure III
Game & Watch Gallery
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Kid Dracula
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Metroid II
Tetris Attack

Kirbys Til 'n' Tumble (wont work well on n e emulators)
Stranded Kids
Zelda DX
Jurrasic Park
Mario & Yoshi
Micro Machines
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Mario Gol
Pokemon red/blue/green/yellow (went downhill after that imo)
Metroid
Super Mario 2: 6 Coins
WaveRace
Pokemon Pinball

Kirby Pinball Land
Wave Race
Wario Land 1 (I've never played the others though) :(
Mario Picross
Xtreme Sports (VERY fun Arcade/RPG like game.. hard to describe just try it out!)
Survival Kids
Harvest Moon 3 (although if your GP can hit 166 your better off playing the original on SNES)
Kirby's Dreamland 2
Dragon Warrior III
and more... srry don't have time to finish this post :ph34r:

Tetris

Not many will have heard of this one. It's a simple game in which you have to make lines out of different shaped blocks.

May I also suggest playing it 4 player on the N64. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back