Official Ginge Request Thread!

Jengo

Website
Visit site
I was reading around on how to get GP2X and GP2X Wiz apps/emus working on Caanoo and the best option would probably be to bring GINGE to the Caanoo. I wish i was a dev so i could help do it, but i dont know much about coding so here is my plea:

Please! pretty pretty please with a cherry on top, bring GINGE to caanoo!! :)

Jengo said:
I was reading around on how to get GP2X and GP2X Wiz apps/emus working on Caanoo and the best option would probably be to bring GINGE to the Caanoo. I wish i was a dev so i could help do it, but i dont know much about coding so here is my plea:

Please! pretty pretty please with a cherry on top, bring GINGE to caanoo!! :)

Its totally up to notaz, his project and his source code.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not certain notaz even has a caanoo, and if he would like to have one donated to him and that he has the time + interest to port ginge....

First thing i'd do if people were really intrested in it is see if notaz, when given a donated caanoo, is intrested in porting ginge to it...

If that is known, all people who really want it can group together and start a donation fund (paypal seems like a good idea). Once enough money is raised a caanoo can be bought for notaz and development can start. It's not that hard to get this going but it all depends on notaz interests and time...

I just sent him a PM about this earlier today, asking if he's interested.

I would be willing to help pay for a Caanoo for him if others are willing to do the same. :)

Yeah I have a Caanoo and I'm interested, it's just too many projects and I don't have as much time as I used to, say 2 years ago..

I would deffo donate - it so makes sence to have this on the caanoo - gp2x and wiz on the caanoo how cool would that be,
Its like having backwards compatibility :D

ruffnutts ;)

Anything new to report on this one? GINGE seems like a brilliant project and I'd love to see it released for the Caanoo.

notaz said:
No progress so far due to various other shit that's going on here. Hopefully I can do it this year but who knows..

Cheers for the update Notaz, love your work :)

I also want to voice my support for a GINGE port, I'd more than happily donate if it meant I got to play Cave Story and Wind and Water on my Caanoo.

Hopefully we'll see a Caanoo port once Notaz makes a bit more headway into PCSX Rearmed.

Does it necessarily have to be Notaz who ports this?
I mean, is the source open or closed?

This has been dragging for too long, sorry about that. This is one of many things that need to be done, just finished PCSX r6 so probably can give this some love over the weekend.
(and sorry there is no source, I don't plan to release it at this time).

notaz said:
This has been dragging for too long, sorry about that. This is one of many things that need to be done, just finished PCSX r6 so probably can give this some love over the weekend.

No I understand, PCSX is a very important project itself and needs just as much attention.
Thanks for taking the time to do this, GINGE could be the best thing to happen to Caanoo right now.

notaz said:

We will wait it... thanks for your work!

PS: a little OT, do you think that it will be possible increase the performance of 32X emulation in the next Caanoo/Wiz Picodrive release?

Gab1975 said:
PS: a little OT, do you think that it will be possible increase the performance of 32X emulation in the next Caanoo/Wiz Picodrive release?
It's possible, but I haven't done any work on it since last release.

Back