Offset clock

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
So, recently, my Pandora has, annoyingly, been offsetting the clock by 4 hours (so, for example, if it's 5:00, it gets set to 9:00). My time zone is Eastern, so that means it's setting it to the current time in GMT.

This is extremely annoying, and I have no idea where it's coming from. The only correlation I see is that I first noticed it shortly after updating the Pandora Clock app (to version 1.2, I think), but that doesn't seem to make sense; that type of feature isn't mentioned in the description, I almost never run it, and I can see no correlation between when I run it and when the clock offsets. I also don't see why it would be the OS, because I chose the correct time zone (New York), and I'm pretty sure the OS doesn't have a feature like that.

I've experienced this in both SuperZaxxon Final and SuperZaxxon 1.51.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone else experienced something like this? I would really like to get this problem fixed.

Can happen if the unit isn't shut down properly.

Did it happen after a crash?

Hm... that's possible. I got lock-ups that seem to be because I was overclocking too high yesterday and had to do a reset. If that's the case, I guess it isn't much of a problem. Why always 4 hours fast, though?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this issue a lot.. maybe because I tend to push my Pandora(s) to the limit and crash it occasionally.

I wrote a small shell script that I set to a launcher in xfce that will connect to a ntp time server and sync the time.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sudo /usr/bin/rdate -ns pool.ntp.org && sudo hwclock -w ;notify-send 'time synced with pool.ntp.org'

Soon in Pandora Clock (shameless plug) I will implement internet time synchronization so at least you will have one app displaying the right time :)
No offence, but I would rather see this implemented firmware wise: an ntp-deamon of some sort - with the option to disable/enable it at startup

Soon in Pandora Clock (shameless plug) I will implement internet time synchronization so at least you will have one app displaying the right time :)
No offence, but I would rather see this implemented firmware wise: an ntp-deamon of some sort - with the option to disable/enable it at startup

Totally agree with you. Probably a question for ED/Notaz. That could be something that runs every time you connect to the internet.

I noticed when I installed 1.51 it allowed my selection of America Chicago time, allowed me to set it, then defaulted to displaying GMT.

Take another trip through settings - Date and time. That should help you set it right.

I suspect that the 1.51 'first time use' script is asking for time zone, allowing you to set the clock (which likely runs on GMT) - but then fails to set whatever tells the OS to display by your time zone.

Is there a way to select New Zealand as the time zone? I really need GMT +12 to work, but the date and time selection screen is missing New Zealand as an option. As a result Pandora clock - great as it is - gives me the time in australia if wifi is on. If we could simply set our own GMT offset in the GUI that would be awesome.

Back