old nub new nub

That's good, so I guess can use that left nub click for a left mouse click command

That's good, so I guess can use that left nub click for a left mouse click command
I don't like this for me but as it's open and freely customizable you can do that.

okay.  it's so exciting!! im persuading friends to get a pandora while I wait for the pyra haha.
You should have visited FOSDEM.

There you could persuade some random people to buy a Pandora while they see the first Pyra demo board ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does these new nubs also have such a weird re-calibration behaviour like the old ones? I hope not, it is very frustrating when these nubs suddenly stop to work in one certain direction. Happens for example often when I played Super Geometry Dust with analog nubs (nub-stress program^10 )

I think it was basicly the weird Nub-bios that caused this strange re-calibration behaviour. Not so much a mechanical one itself. So auto calibration is bad imho but I didn't find anything about this in the tech specs of the new nubs anyways so I guess they work different. :) Interesting technical solution by the way, never thought about magnets could be used for analog nubs. So I can control the mouse also when I just hold an big magnet over the Pyra? :D

The firmware did that because the nubs mechanical output was pretty bad (swimming around a bit).

So the firmware tried to correct that...

Any chance of a pic showing what one of these nubs might look like? :huh:

Any chance of a pic showing what one of these nubs might look like? :huh:
http://www.dragonbox-pyra.org/

There's a picture of the board with Nubs on the website.

Still they are just a "stick" and no real nub.
Thanks for the link, I was simply curious to see if the nubs were going to be slider types (3DS/ Pandora) or little analog sticks like the PSVita! :)
Slider.

No sticks.

But with a button to press.

The firmware did that because the nubs mechanical output was pretty bad (swimming around a bit).

So the firmware tried to correct that...
So, instead of letting them swim a little bit, it made them swim like Michael Phelps during a 400-metre freestyle while having a seizure during an earthquake. Seems logical. :D

I'm happy Pyra is getting proper nubs though. :)

So I'm not sure if this is super obvious or already stated, but I was thinking about what some people said about getting to click the nubs when they were centered, which would be helpful for games that require that for running, etc. Instead of having to hold the nub in a clicked position, maybe it could be programmed for the game that when you click the nub while it's centered, it locks it into its "running mode" in the game, and then you could just center it and click it again if you don't want to run. Similar to how you zoom in on some PC FPS games, where you can either hold the right mouse button to stay zoomed in, or simply click the right mouse button and it locks you into the zoomed in mode until you click it again... and after typing all this out, I'm realizing more and more that this seems really obvious and unnecessary to state.. I'm sorry xD It's the thought that counts, right :'D

:lol: Don't worry, I was thinking the same thing. At least it written down now.

Back