Oled Touchscreen Questions

b1ueskycomp1ex

Open Sauce Fanatic & AMD Fanboy
Website
https
Is it possible to physically remove the touchscreen components from the wiz screen? As such, I don't use them and someone said the touchscreen is the reason for the slightly odd looking pixels on flat colors. I did manage to peek under the outer layer without damaging anything, and the screen doesn't look any different without that, so I'm not so sure. Also, upon putting it back together I managed to break the touchscreen permanently, and also leave a giant crack down the middle of the display, diagonally (EXTREME DIAGONAL TEARING, LITERALLY!)

So now, a few questions about that.

If the touchscreen components can't be physically removed, is there a way to disable the touchscreen at all (as it is, the touchscreen still gets polled, because when I poke it emulators like pocketsnes slow down while I've got my finger on the screen, like it usually does)Possibly by running a script or something?

So far there's no indication that my wiz has fallen victim to the pixel plague, and the giant crack doesn't actually seem to be affecting the screen at all, amazingly enough (you can't even see it when you're holding the wiz reletively straight) but I'm worried. what are the chances my screen will get royally F*cked thanks to my clumsy efforts at performing DaveC's dpad mod? xD

Also also, in the case that this wiz might be reaching it's end, what was the price of the pandora, for future reference? xD

EDIT: Also, if I had cracked the actual screen, wouldn't there be issues with it? Missing pixels, etc? It it possible I've broken a cover over the actual screen or something?

It took a few days for my cracked screen to show any sign of the 'pixel molding' that I had on my pic from the other thread... It cracked on a friday, and I started to notice the pixels going out on tuesday, and then progressed downhill further down the road.

If it's just been a day or so, it might be savable if you open it again and try to replace the cracked screen with... some other plastic screen. Possibly a stretched piece of a Ziploc bag if you're doing it on the extreme cheap. Make sure that no air can get onto the OLED, that will cause the pixels to die.

Good luck in your endeavor!

MkidTrigun said:
It took a few days for my cracked screen to show any sign of the 'pixel molding' that I had on my pic from the other thread... It cracked on a friday, and I started to notice the pixels going out on tuesday, and then progressed downhill further down the road.

If it's just been a day or so, it might be savable if you open it again and try to replace the cracked screen with... some other plastic screen. Possibly a stretched piece of a Ziploc bag if you're doing it on the extreme cheap. Make sure that no air can get onto the OLED, that will cause the pixels to die.

Good luck in your endeavor!

Well it's been a few days, and not a single dead pixel, which makes me wonder if I did actually crack the screen, or if there's something else involved in the screen's design that I've broken that I might be able to remove entirely. If anyone has a spare wiz they'd like to dissect for me...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back