Once I Get My Pandora I'm Gonna...

...see how difficult it is to get it to run pure data and turn it into a music machine.

[hopefully someone with true programming experience will port it...]

wrath of khan said:
Unbox it and turn it on.OBVIOUSLY.................
I wanted to be the smartass saying that.

I will browse the OS settings and preinstalled stuff, connect Wifi and go on ze internets.
Get some VNC running, putty, IM, Quake and one or two emulators. Maybe go figure out file transfer and streaming from PC.

Oh, and make a video.

Edit: Oh I guess I should have read the small print. Inspirational, well! if you guys know that cintiq drawing tihngy, I'd love to build me one small one, about 7 inches, fairly portable. though that's nothing pandora-related.

Last edited by a moderator:
lobski said:
Once I Get My Pandora I'm Gonna...

WAKE UP IN BED
:lol:

Me? ... I'll propably stare at it in disbelief for some time :p

Put it aside because messing about with Linux on a Microblaze on an FPGA is far cooler.

Jk - I'd probably play some SNES games or decrease boottime. 10 secs should be possible. :)

Even in the absence of a full LÖVE port, I'm gonna try and fire up Lua and see if I can figure out a way to draw graphics, even in-window. I'd like to start building a vector-3D engine in LÖVE, and I can work on building, saving, and loading models even if it isn't ready yet.

As far as I'm concerned, one of OP's greatest advantages is that it's not a slave device; we can develop software and play it on the same machine. That is ridiculously cool.

(I'll probably also start begging incessantly for someone to port QCAD, because I lack that level of programming skill but would love to be able to do some drafting.)

Once I Get My Pandora I'm Gonna....

I'm gonna go on a Sex, Drug, Killing, and Looting Spree, as it will be obvious the world is coming to an end! ;)

Maybe not in that order though! LOL :p

Chris

Dim the lights, close the the window blinds, pour myself a glass of wine, spray a buttload of Febreze everywhere, put on some Simply Red, and crack open "The C++ Programming Language", by Bjarne Stroustrup. How romantic!

Try to get my game running well on the pandora: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53350-2d-zombie-shooter-new-pandora-game-announcement

Then, I'm going to start adding stuff to it again. New levels and features.

Seriously though, I'm going to need to pinch myself first though, because all week I've been dreaming about getting the pandora and then waking up. Which is strange for me since I've been able to put it out of my mind most of the time for the last year and a half.

differentSmoke said:
...see how difficult it is to get it to run pure data and turn it into a music machine.

[hopefully someone with true programming experience will port it...]

I don't know about pure data, but torpor is your friend when it comes to making music with Pandora; he's planning to port a whole host of music related fun :)

Incidentally, I originally read the thread topic as 'Once I Get My Pandora Im GONE'.

Get a makeover to celebrate, go out on the town and try to make real friends, take a sewing class, start a puppy mill, eat more vegetables and never turn it on!

Back