One Vid Per Day - Discussion

WizardStan said:
Aww, you didn't show my horribly inefficient hq2x smoothing filter ;)
hum, I never saw this one, but the original is inefficient too on pandora (once all the x86 asm code is out...)

Last edited by a moderator:
So we're using both forums now? Not directing people to the official forums to post on the thread with this exact same name?

Oh well, the other ones seem like they are starting to get more posts on this subject, people are starting to migrate.

I never moved away from these boards.
I still think there is a place for an official board and a general board which features a lot more open handhelds like this one.
I don't want to force anyone moving anywhere, so why not discuss in both boards?

I hope in the future this will become the board of the devs and users while the official boards stay official :)

If the devs and users were here (which they don't appear to be but that's another story) then what would be left for the 'official' boards?

Oh, you Pandora guys are such cockteases. You know most of us are going mad with waiting whether you post these videos or not. :rolleyes:

Descent looks pretty hot though, is it running on PSX emulator or Dosbox or what?

I see you're doing requests in the other board; well, personally I'd like to see 2-player gaming using USB controllers. Nothing fancy, just Streets of Rage or Metal Slug or something. That would definitely sway me towards the Pandora over something else.

(Also I'd like you to release the damn thing but you knew that already)

Popcorn Dave said:
Oh, you Pandora guys are such cockteases. You know most of us are going mad with waiting whether you post these videos or not. :rolleyes:

Descent looks pretty hot though, is it running on PSX emulator or Dosbox or what?

I see you're doing requests in the other board; well, personally I'd like to see 2-player gaming using USB controllers. Nothing fancy, just Streets of Rage or Metal Slug or something. That would definitely sway me towards the Pandora over something else.

(Also I'd like you to release the damn thing but you knew that already)
Descent is running on an open-source engine for the game Descent, so it's native code for Pandora, just need the Descent data files from your disc.

Popcorn Dave said:
I second this.

Nice videos. I would like to see videos for office productivity and development applications (gui and cli) too. Especially xjournal as note taking in pdf on pandora screen! Does monodevelop work on pandora?

What torpor said! Ever since he mentioned the recent Stormlord remake my interest in the system/freeware oric games has been rising :)

¡I look forward to these videos each day! I wonder when they'll show off more PS1 emulation...

Thanks for the PSX emulation video! However I'd really REALLY like to see ZodTTD release the source! It's not really an OPEN Pandora without it now is it?

Rotsiser Mho said:
Thanks for the PSX emulation video! However I'd really REALLY like to see ZodTTD release the source! It's not really an OPEN Pandora without it now is it?
Yes it is. The openness of the Pandora is about giving you the full freedom to do with it what you want as well as openness of the default operating system and desktop environment (but not all drivers).

The choice to release the source is the choice of ZodTTD. Would source be nice? Sure it would.

Glad to hear ZodTTD is working on this again.

Rotsiser Mho said:
However I'd really REALLY like to see ZodTTD release the source!
It's not really an OPEN Pandora without it now is it?
What would you do with these sources ?
It is OPENpandora because you dont have to jailbreak it to do whatever please you with it.
We already have some close source release and we'll even see some commercial release !

Caine said:
The choice to release the source is the choice of ZodTTD. Would source be nice? Sure it would.
In this case, no. But while the scumvm team care that the derivative still are open sources, the original pcsx emulator guys seems to not care at all.

I'll drop here a bit of IRC from this morning :

04:54 <zodttd_work> hiya04:54 <gamefreak264> I heard ED mention that you're working on a new emulator port on his most recent video?
04:57 <gamefreak264> I couldn't find anything about it on your blog, so I was wondering if maybe you could direct me to a forum post or something about it?
05:05 <zodttd_work> Sorry about my internet. Tethering at a hotel
05:05 <zodttd_work> gamefreak264: I have my own port of PCSX Revolution with my ARM dynarec, etc
05:06 <zodttd_work> Getting it up and going on Pandora when I get back from a short vacation.
05:06 <gamefreak264> Not familiar with that, gonna look it up
05:06 <zodttd_work> It's complete but there's a bug in the dynarec that is crashing it really early on
05:07 <zodttd_work> It's the same thing Franxis' pcsx4all is based on
05:07 <zodttd_work> I'll have it open sourced

Something just occurred to me while watching the latest video.
There's no limitation on the categories in the PXML.
Am I correct in assuming that no matter what I write in the category field, if such a category doesn't already exist on that Pandora, it'll be created?
This makes no sense, I mean, look at that video, he had Audio/Video category and right after that a Video category, this is a mess...
Can't we just define a list of possible categories, make it general enough to include all relevant ones (or even use an existing standard category system) and prevent this mess?
Seriously, think about the Start menu on XFCE with all these categories and sub-categories (because I can invent those as well), you'll end up having each application in it's own category based on the author's whim, I say down with the over-openness... ;)

Back