Onenote Equivalent For Linux?

aliking

Heyho,

I recently upgraded to Office 2007 and so discovered OneNote 2007, and it's pretty fancy. Essentially you can add text notes, pictures, web snippets, screenshots, and it keeps them organized, you can search and share them. You can add calendar items and it keeps them sychronized. All nice, but I can see that it would really come into it's own on a handheld.

What I wondered was, does anyone have the compare and contrast knowledge to suggest a decent equivalent that might work on the Pandora? A big plus would be touchscreen support, but from what I've heard, handwriting recognition on Linux is pretty rubbish(confirm/deny?)

a

Ugh, I wish. As someone who uses linux on his Tablet PC, that's the of the few things I miss from Windows. As for handwriting support, the only app I know of is cellwriter. It's okay, but compared to good ones (read some of the descriptions in that "tablet functionality" thread), it's utter garbage.

There is a much nicer, sorta-kinda-don't-lool-too-closely alternative to OneNote: Evernote. I'm using an earlier version on a Windows tablet. With PenOffice HWR it could almost pass as a simplistic copy of NewtonOS.

There's no Linux version (what a surprise!), but at least they've got a Mac version, so it's not entirely impossible that they might be enticed to consider someday eventually perhaps schedule a port. Again, it's a nice application and could be a killer app for a sub-tablet, if only HWR for Linux existed (Windows subtablets are, due to the hardware demands of Windows, ridiculously overpriced and overpowered for what they are meant to do).

Back