To buy or not to buy?

@Marco: Welcome!

@OJJP: Thanks for asking questions!

Hey all,

I'm on the verge of buying a pandora device, I wanna use it for minor coding, media center, and mainly for homebrew and retro gaming.

My question is.... will I be missing out on alot if I go with the rebirth vs. 1ghz version?

is the rebirth upgradable?

All comments are welcomed.

Rebirth has the benefit of having 512MBs of system ram the same as the 1Ghz vs only 256MBs the older CC units had.. The Rebirth can be overclocked easily to ~1Ghz.  However The base clock multiplier is faster for the Memory and GPU on the 1Ghz giving it slightly better performance on some things such as N64 Emulation and some of the more 3D intensive games..

It's kind of upgradable it requires swapping out the entire main board as everything is soldered on.. it's not too hard of a process... Also DragonBox.de has a trade up program.. you can trade in your older unit CC/Rebirth and put the value of that towards a 1Ghz unit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The cost difference between the Rebirth and 1Ghz is 50 EUR (about $67 US). The 1Ghz is generally worth the extra cost.
Is that right?  I thought if you upgrade your Rebirth to 1GHz, you will have to pay around $160 USD.  If it's only $50 EUR, I'm a happy man as I have a Rebirth :)

Ve79zJD.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a difference between upgrade and new purchase. The upgrade costs more because of the depreciation value of the one you send in.

There's a difference between upgrade and new purchase. The upgrade costs more because of the depreciation value of the one you send in.
You mean individuals trading in, right? Or did I get a good deal last year when ED just credited me for the price of the original order when I upgraded to the 1ghz edition.

Back