Onestation

pcklee123 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
This is quite old but I did not find it in this forum. Anybodu know more about this e.g. is it possible to run homebrew etc on this.
The onestation console for $47 emulates nes, gbc and sega-md
http://contents.fifthunit.com/html/products.5th/sku.827.html

http://jepoyeng.blogspot.com/2006/07/one-s...-look-like.html

Homebrew, doubt it. EVER ... but it may be worth it just for the collection of NES titles ... plus it's got TV-Out ...

Last edited by a moderator:
"LCD resolution: 960px x 240px, 26000 colors per pixel"

Damn, that's big screen. :eek: ;)

Ooo, they allready have a MD adapter for it... Wonder what's inside that thing, anyways... NOAC, surely...

The information brochure inside the package (printed in Chinese) indicates that upcoming cartridges will add wireless multi-player, digital camera, and portable TV capabilities -- looking forward to them!

That'd better be true.

Somehow, I think in the near future I am going to have one of those.
dribble.gif

It is quite possible it is a NOAC a GBOAC and a MDOAC (on a chip) all at once.

All on the board and glop-topped, maybe the benheck forums have something more on this, it seems like their scene.

nubie posted on Jul 26 2006 at 05:46 PM said:

You're right. My Onestation uses NOAC technology (there are some hongkong originals and some illegal NES games available). But it also could use other technology - the NOAC is located on the cartridge and not in the system.

Some pics
inside

that thing is about the size of my VG Pocket Max, so for what it could do it would be pretty handy to keep around the house, like for me, my VG pocket max is in my bathroom for quick pick up games while poopin'.

Angel posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
that thing is about the size of my VG Pocket Max, so for what it could do it would be pretty handy to keep around the house, like for me, my VG pocket max is in my bathroom for quick pick up games while poopin'.

You mean BM instead of poopin, don't you? Oooops, thats another thread. Sorry. :rolleyes:

SatanClaus posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:20 PM said:

You're right. My Onestation uses NOAC technology (there are some hongkong originals and some illegal NES games available). But it also could use other technology - the NOAC is located on the cartridge and not in the system.

Some pics
inside

How's the screen quality? Oh, and how big is it really? Even the manufacturer claims 960x240... Haw.

SatanClaus posted on Jul 26 2006 at 11:20 AM said:

Some pics
inside
Wow, that is a highly intellegent way to do it, it is like Benheck's dream handheld idea (if they made it to accept original carts that is).

That explains how they can claim Snes and MegaDrive too, and the wifi and TV deal.

So it is basically a controllor and battery pack and screen all ready for the "brain board".

A very very cool idea, and actually affordable!

Edit: it gets even better, they are using a Flash chip for the games, so it may be possible to load our own games on there.

In fact the IQue is Nintendo's chinese-market handheld N64, if we could hack that into one of these carts I would be in heaven, only need more buttons and Mario64 that way :D.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:26 PM said:
How's the screen quality? Oh, and how big is it really? Even the manufacturer claims 960x240... Haw.
Well, that is the distributor, they claim it was made by Knot whoever that is.

And that is a good question, is the screen high-res and high quality?

[grammar fiend]
darkman posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:24 PM said:
Angel posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:08 PM said:

You mean BM instead of poopin, don't you? Oooops, thats another thread. Sorry. :rolleyes:
Um, the correct usage is "while having a bowel movement", so you wouldn't just say:

"my VG pocket max is in my bathroom for quick pick up games while bowel movement"

It wouldn't be correct to say it this way either:

"my VG pocket max is in my bathroom for quick pick up games while BM"

[/grammar fiend]

@ nubie

I think you mean,

"my VG pocket max is in my bathroom for quick pick up games while having a shit"

Oh, BTW, That little system looks pretty cool. But as Angel has said "if i didn't already have a GP32, that would be an interesting little product."

But i maybe persuaded.

Trooper

This looks like an amazingly cool little hand held. I wonder what the battery life is like...

Jarska333 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
SatanClaus posted on Jul 26 2006 at 09:20 PM said:

Some pics
inside

Its proably a 320x240 px screen, but when you count the subpixels aswell you get 960 pixels horizontal, since each pixel consists of 3 subpixels and 320*3=960.

More interesting is if it will feature scaling for NES and GBC...

I'm VERY interested ... 'specially if they come out with that card-adaptor thingy ... the included 99 games kinda suck.

Back