Onlive on Pandora

Tellurium

Still Fresh
So I have yet to purchase my pandora but I was wondering if this could be ported because it would be awesome to play present games on a pandora. If you don't know what onlive is, it is a cloud gaming program where you can play newer games on old hardware through streaming live.

check it out: http://www.onlive.com/#1

Not happening. The service is not open source. No source code, no port, no exceptions!

Doesn't look like that'd be possible. The source is closed, and there are no linux versions of OnLive... however, it'd be totally awesome.

Unless your using a Ethernet connection dongle, to connect to the internet you will never get a good enough connection speed to really play any of the games. Even then I'd try to find out how good a connection you would get with a usb restricted internet connection. The requirement to get a good experience from Onlive are quite high. I don't even get that good on my laptop.

this has been discussed throughly and craig even said he would/did send the OnLive team a free pandora with a case of beer. so its not really up to anybody here to get OnLive working, but youre more than welcome to contact the OnLive team and bribe them into porting it to our precious

I would really love to see this ported to pandora. Think of the possibilities! the only problem i see would be the internet connection but you could always use a stronger wifi dongle or whatever if the is possible. It would be cool to play mafia 2 on the pandora. And there are already gaming controls so it would be very compatible.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.. OnLive is the service that streams games to your laptop right? And since you stream the game to your laptop, it wouldn't affect the system like when you do play the game installed from your computer? So in theory, I can play Dragon Age: Origins on the Pandora!?!?!?!?

Hm, has anyone seen Fringe before? This kinda remind me of that.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait.. OnLive is the service that streams games to your laptop right? And since you stream the game to your laptop, it wouldn't affect the system like when you do play the game installed from your computer? So in theory, I can play Dragon Age: Origins on the Pandora!?!?!?!?

Hm, has anyone seen Fringe before? This kinda remind me of that.
Yup essentially all rendering is done on server side, so it sends you a compressed video stream and you send it button presses,

Works quite well on netbooks.

and i think it could be easily ported to pandora and honestly it could be used on a browser cuz its like hulu for games. they just create the software so the game store, gameplay, and social stuff is all in one place.

The onlive guys have stated an interest in creating a version for phones, and if it gets ported to android we probably have some chance of making things work through that, but realistically in the time it takes them to get around to it cell phones will have so much more processing power that you'll need to at least seriously overclock the pandora for it to be usable.

iIt's definitely something to think of for the next generation of pandora assuming Onlive or Openpandora haven't bit it by then.

What it needs the most, though, is a good connection more than high speed.

Still i prefer a physical console to cloud gaming.I want to be able to go into a shop and buy a physical product.Still it would be cool on the pandora.

The Pandora doesn't really do a good job of decoding video a the moment, so I doubt it would handle onLive very well.

Aside from that, with less than 4000 units sold, there is no way the onLive people will support the Pandora. If the Pandora can surpass the 50.000 - 100.000 units barrier, your odds of gathering support slowly start to increase.

Back