Ontario major power otage .. C4a server may be down

Thanks Jeff, I was wondering why I couldn't check the recent scores. I figured the server was down or something to that effect.

Chris

Damn, that looks brutal. I doubt power will be back on anytime soon.

Be safe to those affected. 

Chris

Annnnd we're back.

Wiz: I honestly can't imagine why its so bad at 427/Burny .. 427 is downhill, but its steady downhill :eek:

I could see at the underpass of Bay and Gardner say, or bottom of the Deev or something. But even then.. it didnt' seem like _that_ much rain (I live at the bottom of a hill, which always scared me.. so far so good!)

jeff

I'd just taken my little girl out towards the comic shop and everything cut out. Biggest problem -- no new comics!

Was up earlier ..

Its funny when the term 'upstream' is used instead to refer to the direction of the flooding, not the bandwidth :eek:

looks like my Xen host got blown up; I'll bring it up again now..

---> And we're back (again)

My car's tailpupe was full of sludge, cocking up the works; going back to the shop later on, $300 in cleaning and filter replacement and so on; at least I got off easy :eek: My cousins wife, only a few _blocks away_, had his entire basement full right up to head level.. like 5 feet deep with sewage backed up :( .. a few blocks over from that, cars were being washed down the road.

jeff

I'll make a point to change c4a-mame ASAP (today? friday? soon..) so that it only republishes changed scores; when it was just a half dozen games fine.. but now that we have a metric tonne, c4a-mame is too annoying to sync :eek:

I'll make a point to change c4a-mame ASAP (today? friday? soon..) so that it only republishes changed scores; when it was just a half dozen games fine.. but now that we have a metric tonne, c4a-mame is too annoying to sync :eek:
OK, for us non-coding peeps...what is the political upshot of this change?

By which I mean.. in c4a-mame, when you start/exit a game, it syncs all the various games; if your connection isn't so fast, it coudl take you half a minute or a minute to enter/exit the game, right?

It should be near-instant, in my books..

jeff

By which I mean.. in c4a-mame, when you start/exit a game, it syncs all the various games; if your connection isn't so fast, it coudl take you half a minute or a minute to enter/exit the game, right?

jeff
+1

It takes forever as is. Any improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

jeff
This would be excellent, yes.

That was what I thought you meant, but, being as I do not totally understand tech-talk...I wanted to be sure I was right.

Thanks.

+1,000,000 to faster C4A syncs!

Back