Open Handhelds Comparison Sheet

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com

Hi there,

we worked on a sheet with comparison between the open handhelds of the moment.

You can take a look here : http://tinyurl.com/o...ource-handhelds

We'll update it when a new attractive console will come.

In the comments, you'll find the best emulator for each console, maybe there are mistakes in this sheet, so don't hesitate to let us know :)

I think the Pandora can handle SDXC. Has anyone tried 128GB cards?

Nice initiative! I know it is a list for current devices, but adding legacy products like the GP32X and GP2X might also be a good idea. Certainly for people thinking of buying something 2nd hand. How good are those compared to a Dingoo or even Pandora?

at first look seems you need to correct the CPU of the Caanoo and the Wiz ...sure is not ARM Cortex A9 inside :)

Yinlips should be capable of emulating C64. Frodo is available for Android and can play C64 games pretty good.

The Pandora does not have 3G out of the box. It also has a Mini-USB port.

Pandora Rendering is old, could use a recent photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BAFelton

Can you add prices to the sheet if there not there already.

YDP-G18 "has" DS emulation the same way Pandora does - a desmume port that's too slow to be useful.

No it can't. It is not pin-compatible with the SDXC standard and thus cannot claim support.

Some lower speed SDXC cards do not use the extra pins and might work, but expect more incompatible cards over time.

Some Pandora corrections:

We technically do have a DS Emulator... it just can't run anything playable.

You list that the Pandora has a Dreamcast emu... than say it's Yabause? I think you meant to put Saturn there.

As for Dreamcast, although there are videos of PoC's floating around, there's no public release yet. So it'd be a no.

I thought we were able to get cards larger than 32GB's to work on the Pandora? I remember someone saying 128GB on the Pandora was possible (Together)

No it can't. It is not pin-compatible with the SDXC standard and thus cannot claim support.
SD3.0 cards, currently called SDXC, are compatible (more or less) with the Pandora.

SD4.0 cards, the proposed standard that will eventually replace the existing SDXC (I don't know what it will be called, maybe even SDXC just to increase confusion) has the extra pins which the Pandora will (most likely) not be compatible with.

I've never seen that yinlips handheld. It looks pretty interesting.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

we worked on a sheet with comparison between the open handhelds of the moment.

You can take a look here : http://tinyurl.com/o...ource-handhelds

We'll update it when a new attractive console will come.

In the comments, you'll find the best emulator for each console, maybe there are mistakes in this sheet, so don't hesitate to let us know :)
pandora cps1 games work in mame4all and ex and 106

Yinlips should be capable of emulating C64. Frodo is available for Android and can play C64 games pretty good.

Wrong line, corrected ;)

The Pandora does not have 3G out of the box. It also has a Mini-USB port.

Pandora Rendering is old, could use a recent photo.

Done ;) We'll add a new render.

Can also add the 512MB of memory on the boxes soon to be coming out of Germany....

Done ;)

@BAFelton

Can you add prices to the sheet if there not there already.

They are ;) Line 31

YDP-G18 "has" DS emulation the same way Pandora does - a desmume port that's too slow to be useful.

Ok ! A name for the emulator ?

Some Pandora corrections:

We technically do have a DS Emulator... it just can't run anything playable.

You list that the Pandora has a Dreamcast emu... than say it's Yabause? I think you meant to put Saturn there.

As for Dreamcast, although there are videos of PoC's floating around, there's no public release yet. So it'd be a no.

I thought we were able to get cards larger than 32GB's to work on the Pandora? I remember someone saying 128GB on the Pandora was possible (Together)

Corrected ;)

Not very well done, sorry.

Constructive comment :D

Thanx for the comments.

First we wanted to show the hand helds that anyone can find 'easily'. We'll add gp32 and F100/F200 for sure.

About the Caanoo and Wiz, Arm9 and Arm Cortex 9 aren't the same ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAANOO

caanoo and wiz use the same cpu so wheres arm cortex 9 coming from?

I thought they were the same. Corrected ;)

There's a dreamcast emulator on Pandora isn't there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back