Open Hw Licence

elan

Still Fresh
What about free manufacturing licence???
I mean let TOY FACTORIES manufacture HW [as IBM has do with PC...] with PANDORA HW STANDARD 1.0 then 2.0 etc...
Exactly I mean something like MSX2 computer was in 80-90... One standard lot of manufacturers /SONY ,PANASONIC.../
And PANDORA TEAM will be creating PANDORALINUX [as MICROSOFT in PC world...] for little money 10usd-20usd per update and PANDORA HW STANDARDS for X XXX USD per licence...

This is OPENSOURCE MANUFACTURING :DD

:pandora1:

It's not a bad idea but it would require that Pandora became popular enough to merit another company to pay the fees and promoting the product etc.

However one way to go would be to contact a major retailer or likewise, for Dell that's working hard to move away from Microsoft and towards Linux (Ubuntu) might be interested even if it's a long shot, drawback would probably be that the big company would want the rights for them selfs if they saw potential and not just sell it but own it (since it's a "fully developed" handheld that can rival anything on the market)

I'm SORRY, but the FIRST IBM COMPATIBLE were NOT authorized by IBM, they were STOLEN AND MANUFACTURED using IBM's designes WITHOUT PERMISSION.

No.

Edit:

And NO they WILL not make us PAY for FIRMWARE UPDATES

Ravnos said:
3DO tried this back in the day, too, and look where they are now.
helps if you have decent hardware to start and not just a glorified vid disc player.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop touching my 3DO memories, you are hurting me! ahhhhh *cries*
but now really, there are some fun and inventive 3DO games available, you should really try them out.
but the best one, dragon's lair, has a much better laserdisc version, which is most likely to get ported rather than a 3DO emulator :p

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
stop touching my 3DO memories, you are hurting me! ahhhhh *cries*
but now really, there are some fun and inventive 3DO games available, you should really try them out.
but the best one, dragon's lair, has a much better laserdisc version, which is most likely to get ported rather than a 3DO emulator :p
Just proved my point, I did like Dragons lair (mmmm Daphne), but it was esentialy a catoon where you got to press a button at certain points to advance the story. Hence glorified vid disc player, it was the same story with the CDi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back