Open Ttd For Gp2x


I think we'd need a bit of a modal interface (to save screen space).

And we need to ditch the window-oriented nature of TTD, because that's pretty much useless without a mouse...
 
OrR posted on Dec 1 2005 at 12:47 PM said:
Then you wouldn't be able to reach every other pixel...
​

true...
unless you alternated between moving the pointer 1 pixel, then scrolling the viewport one pixel.

or something. i admit it doesn't sound fantastic :rolleyes:

who needs alternate pixels anyway? :P
 
Last edited by a moderator:
RiX0R posted on Dec 1 2005 at 12:49 PM said:
And we need to ditch the window-oriented nature of TTD, because that's pretty much useless without a mouse...
​
hmmm yeah.. but you'd have to pretty much rewrite the whole game to do that, surely :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think the buttons waste screen space and should be hidden until you press a button to show them.

Not having a GP2X (yet ;)) I cant properly comment on the whole 4 screen corners thing but i wonder if it might be better just to have one screen and confine all windows to that screen..presuming theyre all small enough to fit that is.

Anyway.. I cant wait to get a GP2X and try this out, I'm a bit TT fan :D
 
NoBrain2k posted on Dec 1 2005 at 06:03 PM said:
Not having a GP2X (yet ;)) I cant properly comment on the whole 4 screen corners thing but i wonder if it might be better just to have one screen and confine all windows to that screen..presuming theyre all small enough to fit that is.
​
Well, they aren't. It could probably be changed but it would take some time to go through the code and change all of them I guess. Might be worth the effort, though, because the PPC and Zodiac ports can benefit from it, too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A really ugly way of doing it might be to have a scaled screen, but a small portion of it displaying at full resolution. Like the magnifier tool in Windows (loathe though I be to use it as an example).

Result would be most stuff on screen at one (except that bit that was *just* outside the magnifier's "lens"), but still being able to read unreadable text/select cars /whatever.

Dunno whether the scaler would be able to cope with that very well though; I don't really know the ins and outs of it...
 
Just found out about this thread. Great suggestions! I forgot to compile OpenTTD with the compilers optimizations. Next release should be faster.
 
Back
Top