Open2X-Dr7-F100 ... 2 Questions

renejr902

Website
Visit site
1. i have installed the open2x firmware in my F-100 mk2. But before loading the open2x menu i always see the 3.0 fimrware boot screen. how can i remove that 3.0 firmware boot screen.

2. how can i adjust the gamma of each application separately. someone told me i can adjust the gamma of each emulator with this firmware

thanks for answer

renejr902 said:
1. i have installed the open2x firmware in my F-100 mk2. But before loading the open2x menu i always see the 3.0 fimrware boot screen. how can i remove that 3.0 firmware boot screen.

2. how can i adjust the gamma of each application separately. someone told me i can adjust the gamma of each emulator with this firmware

thanks for answer

2. Maybe you can use Colourd and gp2x colour test application its written by AS_N if I remember correctly

Last edited by a moderator:
renejr902 said:

It is in a section of the NAND involved in boot code, and that could brick your unit if something failed. So, Open2X does not overwrite it. You'd probably overwrite it by building your own custom version of GP2X's uboot that contains a different image. I've never actually tried to do this because it's just not sane or safe to try.

thanks for answer

You do this by hitting Select when a GMenu2X link is selected. You change the Gamma field from its default value. If you want to adjust the default gamma for all apps, you do that by going to the Settings section, then go into to the GMenu2X settings and look for the Gamma field there. Individual links' gamma settings override this universal default.

You can also specify a default "TV Gamma" value for all links there that will only take effect when TV mode is enabled. This is because TV mode often looks washed out when compared to the LCD screen of the GP2X when using the same settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back