GP2X Open2x Sdl Download?

motorollin

When I try to download Open2x SDL development libs from the CSV I get the following:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/open2x login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/open2x
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.207):2401 failed: Connection refused

Is there anywhere else I can get a recent build?

The ogg playback on the binaries don't seem to work. Has anyone had any trouble with this as well?

yaustar said:
The ogg playback on the binaries don't seem to work. Has anyone had any trouble with this as well?
I downloaded the RC2 version and all I did was replace the sdl lib's with paeryn's 21meg HW libs and everything works fine for me .ogg plays perfect in my code. I didn't use the sdl test just the code I already had. I can load .ogg with both the loadwav function and the loadmus function.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Orkie. Do I also have to install corresponding Windows versions of the libraries to allow me to test the game in the GP2X SDK?

GP2X_Coder said:
I downloaded the RC2 version and all I did was replace the sdl lib's with paeryn's 21meg HW libs and everything works fine for me .ogg plays perfect in my code. I didn't use the sdl test just the code I already had. I can load .ogg with both the loadwav function and the loadmus function.
I am trying the Open2x pre-built libraries from here: http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.p...ibrary_Packages
And no joy.

Can you post the link where you got your libraries from please? Do you also know if the sdl_mixer in that pack uses libmad or libsmpeg?

I've just checked out the Open2x toolchain but have no idea what to do next. Are there any instructions on how to get the SDL libs working in the Windows version of the GP2X SDK?

Hmm, it looks like I'm an idiot and the SDK already has SDL included. Move along please! :p

yaustar said:
GP2X_Coder said:
I am trying the Open2x pre-built libraries from here: http://wiki.open2x.org/open2x/wiki/index.p...ibrary_Packages
And no joy.

Can you post the link where you got your libraries from please? Do you also know if the sdl_mixer in that pack uses libmad or libsmpeg?

Sorry for the late response I have been really busy coding an upcoming project anyway all I did was download the complete package you had it was the RC2 version and all I did was replaced the standard libs with paeryn's 21meg version 21 meg libs I didn't change the sdl_mixer libs at all and they work fine.

Hmm.. The link leads to a 2 meg SDL library only. IS that correct since you quoted 21 meg?

Thanks for the additional info. Anyhow, the version of the SDK I'm using seems to support SDL out of the box. I have only tested blitting an image, and I have only tested that in the SDK (not on the GP2X) but there are header files for the GP2X so I feel confident that SDL stuff will compile for the GP2X target.

BTW I'm completely new to SDL and am having problems with key states. Is it ok to post SDL queries on this forum?

yaustar said:
Hmm... just tried the that library and still no ogg playback :/
Man I don't know what to tell ya. I have complete .ogg playback with no trouble at all and I didn't do anything different other than add those libs I even had it before I added them in your rc2 release. I haven't tried any others releases of yours. I wish I could tell you why I have it and you don't?

Could I look at your linker line? I wonder if I am using the wrong ogg library?

Currentyly mine is:
-static -msoft-float -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lmikmod -lsmpeg -lSDL_ttf -lfreetype -lSDL_image -ljpeg -lpng12 -lz -lm -lSDL -lpthread

yaustar said:
Could I look at your linker line? I wonder if I am using the wrong ogg library?

Currentyly mine is:
-static -msoft-float -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lmikmod -lsmpeg -lSDL_ttf -lfreetype -lSDL_image -ljpeg -lpng12 -lz -lm -lSDL -lpthread
Looks about the same.

-static -lSDL_image -ljpeg -lpng12 -lz -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lmikmod -lmad -lsmpeg -lSDL -lgcc -lm -lc -lexpat -lpthread -msoft-float

Cheers, much appreciated. I have a feeling it is something to do with the C libraries missing from the linker line.

He is linking mad and smpeg so depending on which version of sdl_mixer he has, it will automatically link to the 'correct' MP3 library out of the two.

Back