Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
I'm wanting to try out some OpenGLES2 and add support to Penjin... I am however having some difficulties...
I have the PVRSDK and I have extracted the devkit to "/opt"
I then renamed the folder to "PowerVR_SDK"
Following the instructions in the readme pdf it says to export the files to path so I have typed that command into a shell window then navigated to the Demos and tried to run one and...

it just segfaults.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how to steer me on the right path are welcomed! I could install the windows version of the SDK... but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

PokeParadox said:
I'm wanting to try out some OpenGLES2 and add support to Penjin... I am however having some difficulties...
I have the PVRSDK and I have extracted the devkit to "/opt"
I then renamed the folder to "PowerVR_SDK"
Following the instructions in the readme pdf it says to export the files to path so I have typed that command into a shell window then navigated to the Demos and tried to run one and...

it just segfaults.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how to steer me on the right path are welcomed! I could install the windows version of the SDK... but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

dont you need the amd simulator which windows only?

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox said:
The AMD version is Windows only... PowerVR do a Windows and Linux SDK... I'm having trouble getting the linux version going. :/

well. PATH seems to be right.
Code:
 export $PATH=$PATH:/opt/whateverfolderyouhave

However.... if the file #includes are somehow hardcoded e.g. <powervr_sdk_2009/gl.h> that will fail. so my best advice would be to not mv the folder and simply try:

Code:
 export $PATH=$PATH:/opt

else i'd propose to /join your distro's IRC channel since that one likely gathers a bit more know how.

PokeParadox said:
it just segfaults.

I ran the demos on a Fedora x86_64 a few months back, so it works (or used to :) )

Does your graphics card support OpenGL 2.0 ? To check that:
Code:
glxinfo | grep -i opengl

If you type:
Code:
ldd put_here_the_name_of_the_program_that_segfaults
is every library found?

What is your distro?

PokeParadox said:
it just segfaults.

I ran the demos on a Fedora x86_64 a few months back, so it works (or used to :) )

Code:
glxinfo | grep -i opengl

If you type:
Code:
is every library found?

What is your distro?

Laurent said:
PokeParadox said:
it just segfaults.

Code:
glxinfo | grep -i opengl

If you type:
Code:
is every library found?

What is your distro?
Thanks but we are up and running now: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49981-having-trouble-getting-started-with-gl-es-2/page__st__15

Now I'm just trying to get a Code::Blocks project working with the libs... I'm getting wrong file format even though I'm forcing 32bit with "-m32"

Back