Release OpenJK and OpenJO

jedi23

Very Active Member
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy can now be played on your Pyra thanks to the efforts of the JACoders who developed OpenJK!

The controls would be better if the right nub could be used for looking around, as expected when playing with a gamepad. I have opened a thread to look for a solution:

EDIT: solved thanks to @Farox

Last edited:
A solution to my control question was provided by @Farox. I will update the dbps accordingly.

EDIT: It's updated. In the control settings, the movement settings for Step Left and Step Right should be assigned to the dpad.

Last edited:
Awesome work, trying to keep up with all the recent adds to the Repo.

The full credits still belong to all these awesome engine rewriters. But I'm happy to fill the Pyra library with some ports.

I just a bit confused about the Names: In the Startpost you did write Jedi Outcast and Jedi Outcast, but on the Repo its Jedi Outcast (the Game where Kyle Kartan becomes a Jedi), and Jedi Akademy (the Game where some random dude becomes a Jedi) if its these 2, then i have booth ^^

These title names are really messed up, I can understand the confusion. That's the whole series:
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (In Germany called Star Wars: Jedi Knight because Dark Forces was on the index)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (inofficially referred to as Jedi Knight 3)

The next game should be called
Star Wars Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV Jedi Academy II - The Second Outcast

Thanks for the port. I'm unable to make it run. I copied the Jedi Outcast folder.

When I launch the dbp it just seems to load something. It reverses the scroll and mouse nubs, and then nothing happens.

Using the CLI it is the same. It does not show any errors and the process stays running until I cancel it.

Should there be any preference between Steam or GOG version?

These title names are really messed up, I can understand the confusion. That's the whole series:
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (In Germany called Star Wars: Jedi Knight because Dark Forces was on the index)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (inofficially referred to as Jedi Knight 3)

The next game should be called
Star Wars Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV Jedi Academy II - The Second Outcast
Before selling the Star Wars Complete Edition which doesn't include all the games and after they introduced a remastered version but before the remake... :(
And I'll probably still get all of them :p

I'm unable to make it run. I copied the Jedi Outcast folder.

Don't just copy the complete Jedi Outcast folder rather only the base folder and version.inf within the GameData folder!
Edit: But when I think about it: The base folder can be interpreted twice. You need literally the "base" folder in this case ;)

Should there be any preference between Steam or GOG version?
For using the datafiles with OpenJK, it doesn't matter. When playing on your computer, GOG releases of old games are often better optimized to run on newer systems.

Last edited:
I checked again and I don't think my problem is missing game folder. I already have got the base folder and the version.inf file in the openJO folder. When I try to launch it using dbp-run-path the process keeps open doing nothing.

Besides, if I shut down my Pyra it gets stuck for a while saying that there is a pending operation.

If I delete the files I get the missing files error and that's it.

I think think there is something in my setup that triggers this error.

Back