Release Openpandora Making Iphone Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not lulzfish? if someone would make a love tattoo with the windows logo on it i guess microsoft would say he breaks copyright and wants to chop down his arm and demand 10.000 dollar. I really think microsoft would do that.
the point: when there's a chance to gain money, microsoft takes it. they dont care about customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that it's for iPhone and the prize is for the first to complete it on said iPhone, and not the Pandora, is quite saddening to me.
Why not release it as a launch title for the Pandora (as well as iPhone, of course) and give us loyalites a chance to win back some money too?
I could have had an iPhone, but I've been holding out for the Pandora. Where's the love? :(

WizardStan; iPhone games are just much more potentially lucrative. Even if the game is free (they don't say either way, but it'd seem strange to offer a big prize for completing a free game) it can still be used to promote upcoming games or products that aren't.

It's not really the openpandora team, it's Me, Zod and Ruckage.

And it does say on the video that it will be available for the Pandora too (and will still use the touch screen controls too).

I've been pondering this myself. If they design the iPhone version with an invisible 40px "no go zone" around the edge of the screen where no critical gameplay takes place, maybe that zone could be removed for the Pandora version - then the entire thing pixel doubled to 800x480.

Just a train of thought anyway. :)

Also, retaining the touch screen controls seems kind of pointless, since they would require multitouch to work well anyway...

PoisonedV said:
Also, retaining the touch screen controls seems kind of pointless, since they would require multitouch to work well anyway...

I don't even know why anyone would want to control a sidescrolling by smearing their fingers across the screen inside of pushing a d-pad anyway.

Exophase said:
PoisonedV said:

I don't even know why anyone would want to control a sidescrolling by smearing their fingers across the screen inside of pushing a d-pad anyway.
because they're fools for gimmicks.

The dpad will still work, but there is no reason to remove the screen controls. The game has such simple controls that the screen will work well.

On more complex games however, urrghh they must be so inaccurate. It's casual gaming though I guess.

craigix said:
And it does say on the video that it will be available for the Pandora too (and will still use the touch screen controls too).

Yeah, but unless the Pandora starts shipping at the end of the 30 days of development then the iPhone still has the advantage...
Confirmed: Pandora ships in less than 30 days :p

Confirmed: The newly rebranded iPandora will feature an Accelerometer for game support :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back