OPenSNES9xGP Out and ready for the play!

Drat. Batteries have died and I don't have my spare set charged. First impressions are very good - just don't expect perfect emulation yet. I'm very pleased with it. Like Axeman said very nice front end. Top stuff! :)

craigix posted on Dec 18 2003 at 09:56 PM said:
However turn off the sound and its full speed at frame skip 1! Returns 44-50fps @ frame skip 0 - thats full speed for all PAL countries.
Hmm mine didn't seem full speed without sound. If my machine can't handle 166MHz would it crash or run at a lower clock speed? My GP32 crashed out of the Generals OC tester at 172 MHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
for the time being, better than SNES9x or not, i thought SNES9x was pretty good.

Bloody damn impressive!
Not THAT bothered about sound anyway as my gp32 get the most use while im sitting around in work, when i should be working!

Playing Chrono trigger at the mo @156 with no sound - runs damn well full speed!

Also tested (and running pretty much at full speed)

Mario All stars
Super R-Type
Flashback
Wing Commander
Breath of Fire I&II
Super Ghost and goblins(has some slow down but it also did running ona snes)
Flashback
Eye Of The Beholder

Finally get to play some decent RPGS!

Ok, just got home and tried this..AWESOME, My gp32 goes up to 156mhz max, and at 156 i've tried F-Zero, Turtles4, and Super Earth Defense Force. At frameskip2 its actually too fast i put it down to frameskip1 without sound and all I can say is awesome.

this sucks so much it makes a vacuum jealous, i sold my damn GP32. I mean whats the point for me? I have all I want on my PC plus more, i dont really have lotsa time to play with a GP32 at all, but this is too much. Well congrats to yoyo and you all for getting this, is it worthy at all?

OMG it totaly rocks for beign the first public releas! :D
I love this EMU! Thanks YoYo and everybody that has worked on it!

I have tryed Syndicate and it runs damn good with sound!!
Ok its is not perfect, but it is VERY playable.

I tryed Secret of Evermore without sound at FS 2 and it works VERY good.

I actully bought my GP32 specially for NES and SNES games.

So damn happy right now! :lol:

To be honist for me a 133 only GP32 user SNES9x is far better, not only do some games run slower ( Donkey Kong being a prime example) but if you try and put sound on it crashes.

I need sound even if it does run slower :(

On the + side it runs Turles Tournament Fighters at a better speed than SNES9X.

well i on the other hand can only say that snes9xgp and snesemu will never be booted up on my gp32 again. at 166 i find most games full speed f/s 3 with sound. and at fs 2 without it.

This is a great emu, thank tou and well done. is this with the finished asm optimised core or not.

Cant wait to see future releases.

edit: yoyo are u going to port this emu to the zodiac aswell kow that u have one it?

well i just played this and HLDoom and they are great. i find 133 w/out sound runs most games 95% speed. too bad i can only do 166mhz for about an hour with fresh batteries.

that would make it PAL :p

I saw something about transparency issues back a few hundred posts. Does that mean that it's got the old problem emulators used to have which made games practically unplayable at some points? Chrono Trigger had this problem in the future bits, FF2 had the problem in the misty cave, quite a lot of games did. Zelda used them in parts, Super Metroid used them quite a lot. It would narrow down the list of fully playable good games significantly if they don't work...

Zelda is more or less unplayable because of layer problems. Super Metroid doesn't start at all. FF3 is extremely slow. All other games I've tried: Castlevania 4, Civilization, Darius Twin, Final Fight 3, Mega Man X, Super Mario Allstars, Super Mario World, SSF2, Sunset Riders and Turtles in Time run pretty well on 133 (unfortunately can't go higher) with frameskip 2.

With optimization, this will become quite nice. Sound and frameskip 2 at 90% speed with 133 MHz would be just fine for me. For now, I'll play the older games that don't use all those effects.

i was running at 156mhz with sound frameskip 1 on Earth defense force and Rival Turf within about 15 mins into both games my GP crashed. Happen to anybody else or does it have to do with my GP?

mine does that on 166mhz. i think its that the gp isnt quite able to run at this speed. it could also have to do with the batteries. i changed mine right before i installed OS9xGP on my GP yet still it only goes 166mhz for maybe 20min.

hmmm as my gp32 can only do max 140mhz it just doens't quite qualify as playable for me but then im' damn picky + need sound 2 play an emulator ;(

Back