OPenSNES9xGP Out and ready for the play!

FFS to all the people complaining......This is a free emulator that runs bloody well that someone else has sweated over for you to enjoy...FOR FREE!!! Best by a long shot....thanks!!

on a second pass aero fighters runs fantastically well worth a game even at 133mhz i must say it is the best by far for snes emulation just annoying that my gp32 is unoverclockable :(

Hmm... I think it's time I picked up my GP32 that lies in the corner of my room and blow all it's collecting dust off, now that there's finally something new I wanna try out for it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

extremegamer posted on Dec 19 2003 at 03:32 AM said:
i was running at 156mhz with sound frameskip 1 on Earth defense force and Rival Turf within about 15 mins into both games my GP crashed. Happen to anybody else or does it have to do with my GP?
mine has crashed a couple of times on a black screen when running @ 156Mhz.

Check out the little screenshot on the savestates! that is the gnarlyest touch ever!!! :lol:

I can't seem to find a way to save the button mappings, I'm not digging the preset one and have to change it every time u go into another game. Anyone found a way round this?

kudos to the coders, you've made many people very happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just simply the best,

I was used to play ChronoTrigger on snes9xgp with the sound trick. ;)
And now i know the last time was yesterday. :p
Even if i can forget @ 166Mhz (because it always crash my gp),
Tsubasa 5 and Chronotrigger @156 are very good on your emu. :lol:

so thx yoyofr (and the others) for your emu.I'm looking forward
the asm core release. :rolleyes:

thx again

gatso posted on Dec 19 2003 at 07:33 AM said:
FFS to all the people complaining......This is a free emulator that runs bloody well that someone else has sweated over for you to enjoy...FOR FREE!!! Best by a long shot....thanks!!
All i was saying was for 133 users like myself SNES9X is better (for most games) IMO.

has anybody worked out to remap the buttons so there is a button for the SNES select button. Unless, i am missing the option for some reason, i cant find it and this makes Donkey Kong alomost impossible to complete.........

btw, DK 1,2 and 3 all work faster for me on this emu. Its just that they seem to run slower on the World Map. This emu is far better than Snes9x in my opinion. :)

Hmm... not sure about that; I've just hit OpenS9x, and 133 seems to be a LOT faster with FS2 than Snes9xGP ever was. Although admittedly, it doesn't have transparencies...

press the GP32's select button to switch between the 2 button mappings, the second config should map SELECT to the GP32 START button.

you can remap these easily from the menu

Just tested OPenSNESxGP and my GOD. It has restored my faith in this little shit box we call the “GP32”. It is VERY playable. . My unit was able to over-clock to the max, with not a single problems. Without sound I ran at (what appeared to be full speed.) With sound I was slightly under full speed. But MAN, what an improvement! This baby HUMS for me. THANK YOU SOOOO Much to everyone who worked on the OPenSNESxGP project! You guys are amazing!

Aww! This makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

-Luke

Dragonfly46 posted on Dec 19 2003 at 11:38 AM said:
slightly under full speed
I'm yet to test this and will probably love it regardless of speed, but can you specify what clock speed you were running and the extent of slowdown when it was 'slightly under' ? Thanks...

This emu is soooo much fun. It's great to be part of something (again) where the emulators are not perfected yet. Remember when Snes9x itself still had transparency issues? And how much fun each new update and improvement was?

This is a great first release: enough problems to be solved and yet good and fast enough to make you hope/believe that at least some games will run perfectly at full speed and with sound someday.

Thanks guys, you are great!!

Nice work!! Can't wait to get home from work and play. Too bad i'll have to drink beer till 5 first (christmas celebration stuf @ work) :p

Anyone tried SF2 TURBO with speed cheat (10 speedstars)?

Anyway thnx again opensnes9x crew

havent had a chance to try it out yet (still at work :( ) but how do the saves work?
are there proper save/load states? or is it still dump sram?

Hi,

Does any one can told wich games work with sound because i've tried @156:

-Mario all star
-Super Mario World
-F-Zero
-Sensible Soccer
-Secret Of mana
-Chrono Trigger
-Street fighter II
-Tsubasa 5
-Tsubasa 3

and none of these work with sound

May be i have done something wrong but i don't think so!

Thx for you answer

Bye

ardnut: It has proper save/load states ( with tiny screenshots )

hercule18: If you want sound to work you need to select 'on' and then 'reset game'. Super Mario World works with sound, haven't tried the other ones.

I cant get my head round these idiots moaning about this emulator. It's clearly miles ahead of the other 2 snes emu's.

Well done YoYo and others who worked on it, it's brilliant!

Back