Opensnesx9

Lets just hope that its a GP32 version of OS9x thats going in the compo, not the Zodiac version he is working on. :) Since the zodiac is now part of the compo, and he already won with the GP32 + OS9x in the compo, logic suggests he would put his new zodiac version in this new compo.

If the source was put out someone could port it easily from zodiac to gp32 right? Cause they both use arm? or am I wrong?

kotd posted on Apr 10 2004 at 02:35 AM said:
If the source was put out someone could port it easily from zodiac to gp32 right? Cause they both use arm? or am I wrong?
Well I think the Zodiac version would be just the current GP32 version, but working on the Zodiac, not much different or changed. Just a Zodiac port of the GP32 port. So if you ported the Zodiac version to GP32, you would probably end up with the exact same thing we already have lol.

Once he has a similar, solid foundation for both though, most of the code written for one, will work without modification in the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I fully understand. Why would he simply port over osnes as it is to the zodiac as opposed to improving it on the GP and porting that superior model over to the Zodiac (blood sucking bastardsthey are)? Perhaps b/c it would simply be easier? Perhaps b/c I'm an idiot? Perhaps I should shut up!? :p

triksR4rabits posted on Apr 10 2004 at 03:42 AM said:
Christ no, not Yoyo. I'm just jelous that the Zodiac has lured away some excellent programmers.
The great thing here is, without much effort most everything written for the zodiac can be ported to the GP32. (except if it uses their 3d engine or relies heavily on proprietary PalmOS functions)

are there many things that have released sources on zodiac
cause if you have to pay for most of their emus it would be a surprise if the source was released

diablo2 posted on Apr 10 2004 at 04:00 AM said:
are there many things that have released sources on zodiac
cause if you have to pay for most of their emus it would be a surprise if the source was released
Well you have to get your game "approved" by tapwave if it uses any of the offical SDK (which is basically all they have right now thats any good for hardcore stuff). Until they get a full featured unoffical SDK, that will kind of hamper Zodiac development, so you really dont see much source released. Once that happens though, you will see alot more free / open source games and apps for that platform, which can, in turn, be ported to the GamePark32. For now, you just have to give the people making the games/apps for zodiac reason to want to port it to the GP32.

Christ no, not Yoyo. I'm just jelous that the Zodiac has lured away some excellent programmers.
Well they sent Yoyo a Zodiac for winning the last compo so he feels obligated to do something for it. That is how the Zodiac community is getting coders is by sending key coders Zodiacs through donations. Quite a good trick.

DaveC posted on Apr 10 2004 at 07:39 AM said:
Well they sent Yoyo a Zodiac for winning the last compo so he feels obligated to do something for it. That is how the Zodiac community is getting coders is by sending key coders Zodiacs through donations. Quite a good trick.
wooo they're a nasty bunch arn't they <_<

if it was ported to the zodiac or a new zodiac version ported to gp32 would he have to work on the buttons or something.

It shouldn't really matter what he codes for, just as long as the GP32 version works fine. And if he does anything with the Zodiac, that will probably be the one that is ported from the GP32 because he didn't start working on a zodiac emulator until after he made a few versions of his GP32 emulator. What really makes sense is him porting things over to the zodiac because if he didn't, he would have to totally rewrite the emulation program, and then, in turn port over to the gp32, which will take extra time.That is my feel to the matter, because coding already takes a lot of time, so why would he rewrite the emulation program to the zodiac after already making a fine one for the GP32? :huh:

There is already a decent Zodiac version available apparently and Yoyo has previously stated that he will work on both versions concurrently because as previously stated any changes to one should be fairly simple to implement in the other.

Therefore, unless we hear differently, there will probably be a new version at some point.

Back