OpenVG on Pandora ?

limestrael

Still Fresh
Hello !
I saw that Pandora can take benefit of a 3D-hardware acceleration by means of OpenGL ES, but is the same for 2D-harware accel., with OpenVG (another Khronos specification) ?
If not, I think It'd be a great idea to make Pandora capable to run OpenVG, to my mind it is exactly the kind of device which vector graphics can be useful for.

Btw, I have also an unrelated question: Would Pandora run Python apps; in other words, does it includes a Python interpreter, and if yes, which version ?

Okay! :lol: That's great! I am currently working on OpenVG and PC graphics cards manufacturers are still lazy to implement this spec.
I assume EGL is implemented as well ?
(And... the python interpreter ? I think it's yes but I'm not sure...)

Very well!
Pandora development is getting more and more interesting to me...

Viva p&|a !

But I wonder a thing : Pandora is able to run Linux (I saw it could run Ubuntu) with only 256MB of flash ? Is there something I missed ?

limestrael said:
Very well!

Viva p&|a !

But I wonder a thing : Pandora is able to run Linux (I saw it could run Ubuntu) with only 256MB of flash ? Is there something I missed ?

Running from SD card I think.

limestrael said:
Very well!

Viva p&|a !

Linux is not one big monolithic system, it can be made to run on almost anything, and how big it is depends on how much programs you decide to pack with it, the linux kernel itself is not very big. For example Damn Small Linux http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ is only 50MB including a windowmanager and some useful programs.

Yes, but here, it runs Ubuntu.
I agree with you blackalice, it must be running from a SD card.

Yes, i agree too, it is probably from an sd card, but I just wanted to say that linux can fit into 256MB or less, and the linux that will come preloaded on pandora will fit in the internal memory.

Hi.

For those coming from VG development, the prospect of access to 3D accelerator hardware is an appealing one, but it may not be clear how to get started??
Anyone if getting this please help me out.

Back