Caanoo / WIZ Openwiz: Fatal: Kernel Too Old

jazz

Still Fresh
I tried to port Nethack to the Wiz (this version).
With openwiz, I cross compiled zlib and libpng, I compiled Nethack and linked it statically with zlib and libpng, and when I start it on the Wiz, I get the error message "FATAL: kernel too old" then it crashes with a segfault.
Does anybody know why, and how I could fix it?
Thanks in advance.

I statically linked with zlib and libpng only!
I dynamically linked with standard libraries (I tried statically, I get the same error).

Why are you linking statically on the Wiz? I thought you were alright to link dynamically (at least as long as you don't want to play OGG files"].
You should link dynamically as Peter said.[/quote]zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you linking statically on the Wiz? I thought you were alright to link dynamically (at least as long as you don't want to play OGG files"].
You should link dynamically as Peter said.
zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.[/quote] Just copy the shared libs next to your binary, (You may need to rename to something like libpng.so.0)

zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.[/quote] Just copy the shared libs next to your binary, (You may need to rename to something like libpng.so.0"]
[/quote]Tried this, it now only crashes with a segfault and says nothing more. The first line of the main function is a printf that does not show up. With LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1, it still crashes with only a segfault. Is there a way to use gdb?

zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.
Just copy the shared libs next to your binary, (You may need to rename to something like libpng.so.0"][/quote]Tried this, it now only crashes with a segfault and says nothing more. The first line of the main function is a printf that does not show up. With LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1, it still crashes with only a segfault. Is there a way to use gdb?[/quote]I use the gp2x version and when theres a pthread error i can press c and it usually keeps going.

zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.
Just copy the shared libs next to your binary, (You may need to rename to something like libpng.so.0"]
Tried this, it now only crashes with a segfault and says nothing more. The first line of the main function is a printf that does not show up. With LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=1, it still crashes with only a segfault. Is there a way to use gdb?[/quote]I use the gp2x version and when theres a pthread error i can press c and it usually keeps going.[/quote]I'll give it a try, thanks!

zlib and libpng are not instaled on the Wiz, as far as I know, so it would not start because of laking libraries.[/quote] Just copy the shared libs next to your binary, (You may need to rename to something like libpng.so.0"]
[/quote]In fact I was wrong, I found zlib and libpng on the Wiz, so I tried to copy them to link with them, and I found out that zlib is compiled with harware FP and FPA instructions wheras most other libs are compiled with VFP instructions. Anybody tried to link against the libs copied from the Wiz?

Ho, and I thought the Wiz did not support FPA or VFP, am I mistaken?

Back