Order cancelled 2+ months ago. No refund.

finisterre

Still Fresh
I cancelled my order two and a half months ago. Cancellation was confirmed. My refund (which I requested by bank transfer (details were provided)) has still not been paid.

Is this fraud? Should I go to the police?

I cancelled my order two and a half months ago. Cancellation was confirmed. My refund (which I requested by bank transfer (details were provided)) has still not been paid.
Did you order from Craig Rothwell (UK based, former gbax.com) or from Michael Mrozek (Germany based, www.dragonbox.de)
Is this fraud? Should I go to the police?
It isn't a fraud but depending on where you ordered the Pandora from it could take a while till you get your refund

Read a few of the posts on these forums - no fraud but massive delays.

Not the best thing in the world to join today and post something like this without doing the research - possible troll?

Ordered from Craig (Oct 2008). I have tried to resolve via email with J. Received apology but no explanation as to where my money is.

I waited 4+ years patiently for my Pandora. Never moaned at all. Finally decided to cancel, and now I can't get my money back.

I shouldn't have to scour this forum for clues as to why not.

Please don't call someone a possible troll simply because he posted here as he didn't get the money.

This is the Sales Support forum, so it's correct for him to post here and he doesn't have to do any research just to ask this question.

As thatgui said: No fraud going on here, but it seems OP Ltd. currently has no money left to pay for refunds.

My company (OP GmbH) is currently providing units to OP Ltd. customers as good as possible, but I don't know how and when OP Ltd. will handle refunds.

You can find my account of the same name of the old GP2X boards from years ago. Not a troll, just never posted on the newer boards before.

Long story short:

Craig has no money left, since the production company destroyed boards in value about 200000$. Now Craig and ED are trying to sell the pandoras more expensive to get the money for the destroyed boards back. With this money they can produce your Pandora or your refund.

If you don't want to wait ED is offering the following option: you can get a gigahertz Pandora for production price (no profits from it) for 370€ instead of 540€. Still a lot of money, but the easiest way "out" of this misery.

A few people talked about sueing Craig. This is probably no solution since his company is a UK limited. If he is out of money it is just closed, all belongings of this company will be sold and nobody ist getting any significant amount of money (if you sell a few tables / screwdrivers / old mainboards you don't get a lot of money, maybe 1$ per person or something).

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, limited liability.

btw, what hell is a troll?

It's about time Craig set the record straight with all his outstanding customers and avoid threads like this - the longer this is delayed the more negative posts are made.

It's easy to just come out and tell the truth - people have been waiting upto 4+ years so the expectation is that the situation is not good!

Apologies to finisterre who has a genuine grievance.

Craig still has no money left to refund your pre-order… The only thing that can be said is wait for it!

Or cancel you cancellation, then wait for the pandora and sell it when you'll get it.

6 months now since I cancelled my order. Still no refund! Anybody wish to comment?
Since the first production factory destroyed a lot of mainboard and won't pay for the damage, there is no money left to refund you. But there is money from an investor, which is used to produce new Pandoras. With the profits from selling them, the investor is getting his money back and the remaining preorders are fulfilled. When they are fulfilled and the investor got his money his back, I think ED will pay refunds. I would recommend, you cancel your cancelation and take the console and sell them at ebay or something. They archieve quite good prices.

This are hard facts and can't be changed. If you order something from a company and pay in advance, and the company went out of bussisnes, you have lost your money when they fill insolvency. It is nice from ED (and like it looks like since a few weeks Craig too) to continue production and try to fullfil preorders instead of giving up. It is important to understand that you ordered from a company (Open Pandora Ltd.) not a person. The person who owns the company, doesn't need to pay the refund with its own money, just the money the company owns.

[…] I think ED will pay refunds.[…]

This are hard facts and can't be changed. If you order something from a company and pay in advance, and the company went out of bussisnes, you have lost your money when they fill insolvency. It is nice from ED (and like it looks like since a few weeks Craig too) to continue production and try to fullfil preorders instead of giving up. It is important to understand that you ordered from a company (Open Pandora Ltd.) not a person. The person who owns the company, doesn't need to pay the refund with its own money, just the money the company owns.
Mhhhh… Even if ED is a really nice person, I doubt he could afford to pay for refunds asked to another company…
I mean, ED shop and Open Pandora Ltd. are two entities that only had a contract to resell pandora.

Then CircuitCo and various other things fucked up massively and Open Pandora Ltd. wasn't able to produce Pandora anymore.

ED saved the whole pandora project by making a nice business plan with many investors that allowed to restart production and fund the remaining pandora from Open Pandora Ltd. preorders. He did that only because he is a nice guy, he didn't have to, no obligations at all.

Same here, didnt get the product, asked for a refund. Nothing. I think its a scam

Back