Order Of Shippment

mcobit

Advanced Member
When the Pandoras will be assembeled in Britain, will the first orderers to get one be british and the others will have to wait till all Pandoras are shipped to the distributors?

There are non-Brits who ordered from Craig's store, so even if it's done by distributor, it won't necessarily be Brits first.

Also, you shouldn't forget that all of the "distributors" will be there assembling Pandoras, so I'm going to guess that they'll just compile a master list of all of the pre-orderers and send them out at one time, independent of who you purchased from.

Vorporeal said:
There are non-Brits who ordered from Craig's store, so even if it's done by distributor, it won't necessarily be Brits first.

Also, you shouldn't forget that all of the "distributors" will be there assembling Pandoras, so I'm going to guess that they'll just compile a master list of all of the pre-orderers and send them out at one time, independent of who you purchased from.

I don't think they will ship all of them from Britain as individual shipping from Britain would be very expensive...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to guess no as well. They've said all along that they would honour the order sequence, no reason to change that now.

If anything it's probably less complicated now, because they'll be shipping out orders directly from the three UK/Euro stores that took the orders. A bit disappointing for Americans hoping for quick shipping from Texas, but that was never a confirmed plan anyway.

I'm going to guess... that whoever asks gets put to the back of the queue.
tongue.gif

With all the other things that have been said, and all the changes along the way, do you really
a ) expect an answer, or
b ) think that it will still apply come shipping date?

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    698 bytes · Views: 71
I would have thought that it was highly likely that the UK and European customers will be receiving the first units, despite the order of shipping, just because of the logistics.

Sugar_Kane said:
I would have thought that it was highly likely that the UK and European customers will be receiving the first units, despite the order of shipping, just because of the logistics.

Only difference in logistics for the OP team is what shipping label gets put on the box. The rest is done by UPS, Fedex.. etc.

But you would agree, that it is cheaper to send a package from e.g. Germany to Germany as from the UK to Germany?

mcobit said:
But you would agree, that it is cheaper to send a package from e.g. Germany to Germany as from the UK to Germany?

Yes, but it shouldn't affect the line of order in any way.

TrashyMG said:
mcobit said:

Yes, but it shouldn't affect the line of order in any way.

For as long as ED is in England building Pandoras, he won't be in Germany shipping out Pandoras to individual customers. so either they go direct from the UK or they go to Germany in a batch, to be sent on when ED gets there, as I understand the situation.

No but the shipping order won't make any difference to the receiving order. OP will ship every unit in order of their list, but once those units go out to the couriers, their order of arrival is anyone's guess.

Sugar_Kane said:
No but the shipping order won't make any difference to the receiving order. OP will ship every unit in order of their list, but once those units go out to the couriers, their order of arrival is anyone's guess.

Did you even read the last comments?

BTW: Is this speculation or do you know something we don't?

Sugar_Kane said:

Umm yeah that's kind of obvious, they are not going to enforce UPS or Fedex to make sure that the person gets it exactly in order of their list..

I have this vision of MW and Ed both trying to get on their planes home with dozens of pockets stashed with Pandoras.

But one connection you haven't put together is that it was said that ED and MW would be there for the start of the assembly, so maybe they could get all theirs done bfore they leave and the UK could be last. Or first or in between or absolutely anything because we know nothing...

I'm using logic to determine that once those units are shipped, what ever their order of shipping (and we're all presuming that units will be shipped in order of purchase, as has been said), they will all be subject to possible delays by customs, courier issues, what have you. In essence, the first unit shipped could very well be the last to arrive, if it encounters enough problems on the way.

Now, using that logic, say the 213th Pandora sent was to a British customer, they may still be the first customer to receive one.

I agree, but my question is, if they are ALL shipped from the UK or if some are sent to Fatih or ED to be send from their shops, when they are back from their trip. I recall ED saying he has 700 boxes waiting to be filled in Germany. So does he take all of them to Britain?

Edit: Typos

^mcobit, shipping all from UK wouldn't make sense, as shipping inside Germany is cheaper. I guess that he even got discount because of having a shop.

Yes, I know this. That is what I want to explain to everyone who thinks all Pandoras will be shipped from the UK in order of their ordernumber...

@mail: Ich möchte ja nur wissen, ob es eine Verzögerung gibt, weil manche Pandoras erst im grossen Maßstab nach Deutschland etc. geschickt werden und dann an die Kunden. ;-)

mcobit said:
I agree, but my question is, if they are ALL shipped from the UK or if some are sent to Fatih or ED to be send from their shops, when they are back from their trip. I recall ED saying he has 700 boxes waiting to be filled in Germany. So does he take all of them to Britain?

Edit: Typos

My guess would be that the Evil Dragon will take his car to England full of empty boxes. Essemble as many Pandoras as he can muster in a week, box them and pack them in his car, whistling softly while he's driving extremely careful on Autobahn, resulting in a 10-mile long queue. Then arriving at home he'll ship them from Germany.

Back