Ordering a Pandora over the next few days/weeks

zeldarocks

I'm finally on the verge of coming up with enough money to finally order my Premium Pandora; the only thing is, I have become extremely disconcerted after seeing all of the bug reports and hardware issues being experienced... I don't want to spend $500+ on something that could potentially break down (cracking issues come to mind) or is full of bugs (Wi-Fi connection being lost, etc). So I am now asking, is it worth it to plop down the $500+ dollars on the Pandora, or should I go with an alternative? BTW, what attracted me in the first place was the overall versatility of the device: It's form factor, capability as a full-featured laptop, etc.

It's well worth it bro, you'll never know until you jump into the deep end like I have. I love mine! No regrets!

I'm sure yours will be fine as well, seeing as you'll probably have a new LCD cable in yours. Go Premium by the way!

Pretty much every single fault is reported here because this is where we tell people to come.

So while it looks as if there are a lot of faults there really are not, you just see all of them.

It's a double edged sword, but this is the official forum.

Similar things happen on car forums I've noticed, people tend to post only when they have problems.

However another thing you will notice here is that we are able to fix many problems via the forum, few units actually have to come back.

EDIT: :ph34r: 'd by the man himself.

Whether the purchase is a good idea is something that only you can decide, however I have found that my unit works very well as a miniature laptop. You will almost certainly have to do some tweaking to get everything working as you want it (the big one for me was WiFi), but the chance of getting a physically defective or otherwise broken unit is very low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much every single fault is reported here because this is where we tell people to come.

So while it looks as if there are a lot of faults there really are not, you just see all of them.

It's a double edged sword, but this is the official forum.

Similar things happen on car forums I've noticed, people tend to post only when they have problems.

However another thing you will notice here is that we are able to fix many problems via the forum, few units actually have to come back.

Thank you Craig, sir... It's a relief to hear from the man himself, my fears have been mostly allayed, and I will indeed take the plunge... My excitement is renewed!!!

P.S. I'm looking to get the last $170+ bucks by trading in my xbox 360 slim at Gamestop tomorrow... Do you guys think I could get $150+ dollars for it? It's in nigh perfect shape, only a few months old...

youre better off selling it on ebay/amazon/even craiglist then giving it to gamestop

Any estimate on what I would get at Gamestop in comparison to eBay/Craiglist, etc?
NEVER trade to Gamestop, unless you need the cash yesterday. In almost every case, ebay will get you at least double your money, maybe even more. Go on Ebay, and look at comparible products to yours, and see what they are going for. Do you still have the box, manuals, ect. The more complete the better.

Most people trade at Gamestop because they don't have the time or the desire to deal with Ebay. Since I began using ebay back in the ps2 days, I don't think I have ever traded anything in to them. They may buy your Xbox for 100, and turn right around and sell it for 200(just an example). Now if you do the work instead, you might make that money instead.

Now sometimes they do have some good trade in offers where they give more value at a certain time and what not, so sometimes they can be decent, but that is very rare. Also, here in Vegas where I live, I beive there is only 1 store that gives cash. All the others are store credit only, and the cash is always less than the store credit would be.

So if your willing to put in the time and effort, Ebay is almost always better, but you need to see what other systems in your range are going for, as Gamestop may be better if your system isn't up to snuff. If I personally had a like new 360 with all contents, I could get probably get no less than 50 under retail.

Chris

I just sold it on eBAY!!!!!!! Now what do I do? Can anybody help me through the remaining steps? I've never used ebay prior...

Forgive me for not responding earlier; I got 200 dollars from it, which put me slightly above the 500 dollar mark.

Back