Sales Ordering

redbeard

Still Fresh
When will pre-orders for p&|a be available again? Also does the $330 include the S&h to the USA?

Hmm... I'm between ordering an EEE PC or waiting for the next pre order for these. Anyone have an opinion?

I already have a full-sized laptop, so for me, a netbook is just a weaker version of what I'm already using. It would be a bit more portable, but I still need a hand or a backpack to carry it, so it's not significantly better than my laptop.

The Pandora, however, will fit in my pocket, which is extremely convenient.

So it's like this:

Reasons to prefer the EEE:

Larger flash disk
x86 processor can run Windows XP, some games on lower graphics settings.
Bigger screen
Already shipping

Reasons to prefer the Pandora:

Pocket-sized, does not require any extra effort to carry
Longer battery life
Gaming controls
Touchscreen

I dunno about price, but I think the EEE is slightly cheaper than the Pandora.
Mostly, the EEE is larger. I want something super-portable to replace my DS, and the Pandora will do this amazingly.

so when exactly will we be able to order a pandora ,and will it be a link on this site or where can we actually order it? i live in tampa florida and i dont know of any retailer that will be selling, so i figured the internet is the best choice but still no idea of how to actually order it. so any info on time line's and where to order would be awsome thank you for any help you can provide.

rson85 said:
so when exactly will we be able to order a pandora ,and will it be a link on this site or where can we actually order it? i live in tampa florida and i dont know of any retailer that will be selling, so i figured the internet is the best choice but still no idea of how to actually order it. so any info on time line's and where to order would be awsome thank you for any help you can provide.
Unfortunately it's online only, and at the present moment not available anywhere. All of the first batch have been sold out.

But, there's a good chance that the second batch will have a US or at least NA distributor which would make things somewhat less of a hassle. Unfortunately for a product that's probably only going to sell in batches of ~4k, I doubt that any major retailer's going to be picking it up anytime soon. But I suppose we can hope.

The second batch orders should be much, much quicker in terms of delivery than the first batch were.

I hope these are available soon - I have seen your website before but this article in Ars Technica got me thinking about them again.

I presume it is slightly bigger than the Nintendo DS-Lite in size (which I have done home brew on)?

I too was looking at some sort of netbook (probably Asus Aspire One) on which to run Ubuntu but the Pandora p&|a is outstanding. If there was a variant of the Pandora with a bigger keyboard instead of the joypads, a faster Cortex (say 1GHz) and running (say) Xubuntu or some light-weight variant (such as Crunch Bang Linux) then this could do serious damage to the Netbook market and possibly PDA/Smart Phone users etc.

Having said all that I like the Pandora as it is at the moment :D and like many people would love to get my hands on one. Is there a forum or list in which I can pre-pay (pretty please) :) for your next batch of machines?

Back