Original Ps2 Games Not Working Properly!

It sounds like a problem with the PS2's laser (obviously), How old is your ps2? Do you play it vertically or Horizontily? Where is it sitting?

(Sorry if these questions have been answered by your video, but it is only 7% done)

It's a V7 PS2, so I bought it around June 2002. I play horizontally. It sits in various places (on the floor sometimes or on the T.V.)

Well this probably has nothing to do with your problem, but here is a piece of advice I recieved on this very board:

Dont eat, no...that was differant advice.

Never put your ps2 on the floor, it will fill up with dust, set it atleast 3 foot off the ground, and away from any source's of heat (e.g TV's). Also ALWAYS play it horizontally, This will greatly increase the 3 year life expectence of a ps2! :)

Ok, I just put the ps2 on top of the PS2 Box (~5 inches above the ground now). I always play horizontally, so that's not a problem. Also, why away from the T.V.? I always keep it near it, like 2 feet from it.

Ok, I just put the ps2 on top of the PS2 Box (~5 inches above the ground now). I always play horizontally, so that's not a problem. Also, why away from the T.V.? I always keep it near it, like 2 feet from it.
2 feet away should be good enough... Its just the heat the TV Creats...

Does any Smoke in your house ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Don`t want to sound too negative Azure, But the damage may already have been done. What with it being on the floor and close to your tv and all. :unsure:

Trooper

Ok, I just checked the tracking for .Hack Mutation and it's in Oakland, which is a 90 minute drive from here. So, tomorrow I'll test to see how a brand new game plays on my PS2 (Although I was hoping Ratchet & Clank 2 would arrive first as the first one does the jarring).

Damn! I just got Ratchet & Clank 2 and everything was working great until I went to the second level, then I saw the laser move to the outside sector as if it was going to load something and then it made that same noise and started moving back and forth repeatedly (All that was shown on the TV was the little clip shown before going to level, which was constantly repeating). So I have to do something to fix it, but I don't know what. Is it safe to use a little rubbing alcohol on the PS2 lens?

HOLY SHIT! FUCK YEAH!! I JUST FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX THIS STUPID SON OF A BITCH!!! You have no idea how fucking relieved I am right now. After cleaning the lens several times and it still not working, I just got pissed. Then, I put in DMC for like the tenth time, and when it did the jarring thing, I just got mad as hell, pushed the push-button really hard, smacked the lid up and was about ready to pull the disc out while it was still spinning, but, too my surprise, it immediately got passed the screen where it froze and was playing the rest of the game! I then quickly closed the lid, when to Start Game and it worked! w00t!

You really should have it like minimum 3 foot off the ground, its reall bad for it anything less. But i know we dont all have the space for this, mine is actually sitting beside my TV because of the box i live in :(

Mines on the ps2 box, which is like 5 inches high. Shouldn't that be good enough?

EDIT: I live in down in Turlock, 1 hour and 30 minutes from Oakland.

Back