Osnes9x 0.3 Question(s)

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
I've been using OSNES9x 0.2 for a while not realising that there was an 0.3...

can anyone tell me what differences there are and if they use the same savestates and config files?

as in, can I seamlessly put OSNES9x 0.3 on my SMC without worrying about my savestates or config files being deleted?

I have a 128mb card full of SNES Stuff and I don't want to loose all the different config files or saves..

thanks

i guess, the savestates are compatible, but why don't you backup the saves anyway? it's just copying them to hdd. it's a matter of seconds....

v0.3 is way faster (without sound, of course). i can't understand users, who turn on the sound, because it's crackling very much. and performance is much better without.

0-bake posted on Mar 28 2005 at 07:26 PM said:
i can't understand users, who turn on the sound, because it's crackling very much. and performance is much better without.
It's crackly, yes, but it's still much better than playing the games in silence. I don't think that I could enjoy an RPG or something like that without sound.. it just takes a lot away from the experience.

The settings I have work very, very well and near full-speed on many things..

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Mar 29 2005 at 12:16 AM said:
0-bake posted on Mar 28 2005 at 07:26 PM said:
i can't understand users, who turn on the sound, because it's crackling very much. and performance is much better without.
It's crackly, yes, but it's still much better than playing the games in silence. I don't think that I could enjoy an RPG or something like that without sound.. it just takes a lot away from the experience.

The settings I have work very, very well and near full-speed on many things..

Could you give us a little bit more info on these settings?

Sure.

Video
Frame Skip - 4
Video Mode - 8bpp
Video Sync - OFF
Fastmode - ON

Sound
Sound Mode - ON
Stereo - OFF
Frequency - 11khz
Quality - 8bits

Of course, these settings aren't perfect, but most things I've tried run very nicely with them. :)

Is OpenSnes9x 0.3 compatible with BLU+? I tried 0.2 (not knowing that 0.3 existed) but the white bar is present :(. Has this been fixed in 0.3?

Thanks

:)

GA01 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 10:34 AM said:
Is OpenSnes9x 0.3 compatible with BLU+? I tried 0.2 (not knowing that 0.3 existed) but the white bar is present :(. Has this been fixed in 0.3?

Thanks

No, I think 0.3 isn`t BLU+ compatible...

Just read on another thread that Snes9x should work with the BLU+. Would I be better off using this version or OpenSnes 0.1?

Thanks for your help

GA01 posted on Mar 29 2005 at 02:14 AM said:
Just read on another thread that Snes9x should work with the BLU+. Would I be better off using this version or OpenSnes 0.1?

Thanks for your help

I use SNES9xGP on ly blu+, works nicely. Though I've never tried OpenSnes 0.1.
If you do try OpenSnes 0.1, and it works, let me know and I'll add it to my blu+ faq.

yes, Osnes 0.3 is fastest, but somes games like Dragon Ball Z 3 aren' t supported anymore... and yes the save states are compatible

by the way, I think that to play with or without the sound depend of the place where you are playing at, for exemple in the train it don' t matter if the sound is bouncing or not ;)

Back