Other Open Source Handhelds?

Spykez

So I haven't been here in ages, I gave up on the wiz, between the lame releases, the lack of a following, the lack of attention from Game Park and them already releasing a new product before the other one got any of a following.

I looked at the other open source handhelds and then I looked down at the device I always game on now, my Motorola Droid, running google's open source android OS.

I was curious if we could get a section for that going? The following behind this OS is getting huge, people love developing for it, theres plenty of support, it's an amazing OS. thoughts?

I don't think it should get it's own section but a good idea would be to give it and others a thread in the other consoles section and sticky them. Have one for Android, Zodiac, Gizmondo, DS, PSP etc. Basically any open or hackable console. I believe there's already a couple threads like this there (including my Zodiac thread).

Mods....... what do you think?

If we have a pinned topic for every console that runs open source software under the sun then they'll fill up a lot of the page. I'm personally not a big fan of having huge numbers of pinned topics.

Bear in mind I'm only thinking of handhelds. I'm trying to count them in my head and can come up with 7 or 8.

Android
Zodiac
Gizmondo
DS
PSP
Ben Nanonote
iPhone, iPod, iPad
Letcool?

Maybe have them as sub-threads in a pinned thread? Some place to post news and general thoughts about these other machines without having to search for a buried thread.
It's just a thought that I think would help a little. I guess this would be ED's call to make though?

While most of the communities are based around android, most of them are just modders, custom themers etc etc. Theres not usually a lot of people who actually try developing or whatever for the system.

Here on the other hand, I can quite a few people here owning an iphone/android and could get some games going on it. Like I've been trying to find someone to get Tyrian going on android but not making much progess cause again, they're mostly custom themers and what not.

Iorgy77 said:
Terrible idea, mainstream phones more than have enough support. No use fragmenting our small community even further with phone people.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Droid phones merit specific attention either, since very few will be developing for them alone. Instead you want Android dev in general. Which like others have said, I'm sure there are plenty of big forums for.

Back