Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squidge said:
Yes, the design has been pretty much completed, but there are still an amount of tweaking to be done, specially on the keyboard front.
But nobody forbidds Craigix & Co. to post their unfinished design Ideas. ;) Even not everything is polished now, they could just show us, what they have, wouldn't hurt someone. Even, if this stuff will be changed again, we would have at least some basic Ideas what we are talking about here since months. :)
Usualy, there are often Designs of products posted, while the finished form is different. I remember many early Console-Designs in the past. The N64" startet as "Ultra 64" with an very interesting and different design. But at least, we HAD an design from the devs. ^^

Well, while I'm waiting for pix I kill my time with making my own Design-Ideas. But because BLENDER suxx, I only have finished my dream-D-Pad so far:

Full made of Metal + additional Mini-Stick for Arcade Games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless something unexpected crops up people should be getting something in the post at the end of this week. As we have said before, it will be ready when it's ready.

fusion_power said:
But nobody forbidds Craigix & Co. to post their unfinished design Ideas. ;) Even not everything is polished now, they could just show us, what they have, wouldn't hurt someone.
Actually I think it's a good idea, as it would allow us to give critique on what's actually being done before it's all considered completed.

craigix said:
Unless something unexpected crops up people should be getting something in the post at the end of this week. As we have said before, it will be ready when it's ready.
This week's end is in a couple of Hours, so it's OK. ;) But it Sounds, like only people who have donated will get infos? (I thought they have their Bonus since Weeks) ^^"" Well ok, I can wait but this would be more easy If we know, how long we "normal people" have to wait. And canceling (somewhere) mentioned dates for infos ("End November"....etc. isn't very helpful to.)
And please don't use phrases like "When its ready/ When it's done" .... I have a heavy "Duke Nukem 4 Ever" traumata since 10 Years. :lol:

Squidge said:
fusion_power said:
This week's end is in a couple of Hours, so it's OK. ;) But it Sounds, like only people who have donated will get
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week :

"the first day of the seven day week is Sunday. This applies even in Christian societies where Sunday is a Sabbath day."

;)

Hm, maybe. But MY Week starts Monday morning 00:01AM and ends 11.59PM Sunday night. ;)

Maybe this has already been mentioned but............. gbax dot com has had some activity on it's front page and i'm sure we all know what criag will be selling via the site!

x68000 said:
Maybe this has already been mentioned but............. gbax dot com has had some activity on it's front page and i'm sure we all know what criag will be selling via the site!
:eek:

It doesn't direct to GP2x.co.uk anymore!

fusion_power said:
Squidge said:
fusion_power said:
This week's end is in a couple of Hours, so it's OK. ;) But it Sounds, like only people who have donated will get

"the first day of the seven day week is Sunday. This applies even in Christian societies where Sunday is a Sabbath day."

;)

Hm, maybe. But MY Week starts Monday morning 00:01AM and ends 11.59PM Sunday night. ;)

Well, sux for you that your week is different from everybody else's. It skews your expectations.

x68000 said:
ooh, I didn't know about that.

On a side note: I think it would be pretty cool if the Craiginator was officially named the GBAX, in honor of Craigix's original site.

-God Ginrai

MWeston said:
The Psion series 5 is bigger than the craiginator in both width and length so that keyboard would never fit. I would imagine that keyboard is what I meant by springiness. More like a laptop keyboard but not quite because the buttons are smaller and have less depth to work with.
The Psion keyboard is luvelee, but I agree that it'd probably be way too big (if I remember correctly, the Craiginator will be something similar in physical size to the GP2x). Anyone looked at the Psion Revo style keyboard? Also quite ok, to my Psion-loving fingers :D

Squidge said:
fusion_power said:

;)

That is highly culturally dependent. In Sweden, for instance, monday is the first day in the week. Do I remember correctly that fusion_power is german? I'd imagine they are the same as us, based on cultural flow kind of things.

Or, to quote the same source, a few lines further down:

"Monday is considered in some societies to be the first day of the week and is literally named as such in languages such as Mandarin ('xinqiyi') and Lithuanian ('pirmadienis'). The ISO prescribes Monday as the first day of the week with ISO-8601 for software date formats."

...and if you check the same page in, for instance, swedish, you'll get instead something like "A few countries, notably USA and japan, still counts the week like [the old way]". :D

MWeston said:
trooper said:
I`m not too sure about the overall physical size of the machine, But here`s a pic of my trusty Psion series 5`s keyboard with a tape measure along side for size reference.
The Psion series 5 is bigger than the craiginator in both width and length so that keyboard would never fit. I would imagine that keyboard is what I meant by springiness. More like a laptop keyboard but not quite because the buttons are smaller and have less depth to work with.

Also, the clicky button option would be like the old Nintendo DS buttons. They aren't terribly loud but they do click.

How about the Jornada 720/728?

http://www.pointless.nl/jornada/DSC00740.jpg (huge pic)

Here's mine:

2081780434_5f74a509e4.jpg

That keyboard is the best thing I've ever used on a handheld device, including the OQO 2 when I tried it.

teggun said:
Just show us a sneak preview or close the thread! this is getting dumb.
GTFO my internets

atomicthumbs said:

I imagine with 1mm travel it won't make a lot of difference what the buttons look like, it will suck as something used full time, more of a compliment to emulators and odd memos that kind of thing. Which is still cool to have there I guess, better than nothing- and if it's really neccesary we could get a usb one of any shape and size to use seperate.

It looks like the jornada is very similar to the psion kboard, which would be great, but we won't get anything feeling like those even if they could look similar- isn't the travel 7 or so times higher? sounds like the keyboard is going to be a lot smaller than I imagined. And if it does end up more of a phone key type with very small buttons, then those two examples look good but we had better make them clicky for use, though I'd much prefer a proper type of leyboard it doesn't sound like that will happen certainly not with that 1mm I keep mentioning. Hell I can't help feeling slightly let down here, even 2 mm would be twice as good :D

atomicthumbs said:

That keyboard is the best thing I've ever used on a handheld device, including the OQO 2 when I tried it.

It is about the same size as the Psions, i.e. Way Too Big. Look at the piccie, it is almost half again as wide.

Moxie said:
Squidge said:
That is highly culturally dependent. In Sweden, for instance, monday is the first day in the week. Do I

But... this is about Craig, and Craig lives in the UK, so "end of week" means Saturday in this particular instance :)

zaffercharles said:
atomicthumbs said:

I imagine with 1mm travel it won't make a lot of difference what the buttons look like, it will suck as something used full time, more of a compliment to emulators and odd memos that kind of thing. Which is still cool to have there I guess, better than nothing- and if it's really neccesary we could get a usb one of any shape and size to use seperate.

It looks like the jornada is very similar to the psion kboard, which would be great, but we won't get anything feeling like those even if they could look similar- isn't the travel 7 or so times higher? sounds like the keyboard is going to be a lot smaller than I imagined. And if it does end up more of a phone key type with very small buttons, then those two examples look good but we had better make them clicky for use, though I'd much prefer a proper type of leyboard it doesn't sound like that will happen certainly not with that 1mm I keep mentioning. Hell I can't help feeling slightly let down here, even 2 mm would be twice as good :D

the travel is about 3 mm, the same height as the key.

I think.

Squidge said:
But... this is about Craig, and Craig lives in the UK, so "end of week" means Saturday in this particular instance :)
Sssh, don't ruin their fun. ;)

craigix said:
Awesome! :D

x68000 said:
GBAX. Hmmm. Well, I guess if everyone else likes it I'm fine, but it makes me think of an outdated console.

Well, as long as it has a name. ;)

javaJake said:
Squidge said:
But it probably means the end of next week for us American folks. :(

The UK is not a week ahead of us, so when Craig says end of week for the UK, it is end of the week - 5-8 hours for the US.

-God Ginrai

javaJake said:
Squidge said:
But it probably means the end of next week for us American folks. :(

Nah, as the american week is almost over, right? So it'll be before the end of your next week :)

Damn, this is becoming confusing.

Shall we just say "Sometime around the 8th December" ? Much easier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back