Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
javaJake said:
If Craigix wants to say something, he will. Let's not pester him and ask over and over as if that'll do any good. :p
Craigix is god. You are morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
javaJake said:
If Craigix wants to say something, he will. Let's not pester him and ask over and over as if that'll do any good. :p
I thought he might not have seen it, seeing as it's almost on the bottom of the previous page. ;)

javaJake said:
atomicthumbs said:
2. If you have a second, what do you think about my "Flock as web browser" idea?

zaffercharles said:
Am I on the list ok ? pweeeez tell me if you got the address *sob*

Well how would you feel in my position? due for info, and a big question mark over if I'm going to get it?
Yeah it's my fault for f'n up, I've apologised probably too much already for that. But all it takes is a quick confirmation one way or the other, if they have my address. And then I'll shut it. I been asking for, what days or weeks now? feels like weeks :)

I'm not normally in the habit of bugging people in forums I promise but if you think I'm going to sit back and miss out on this think again :lol:

Well I hadn't thought of it that way you got a point.. but then what if I never get it? that will suck bigtime wont it? not for anyone else you might think, but I intended to share it out with you all (if) when I get it

Come on, stop nagging already! You have donated to leukemia research. You can't expect to receive anything for that. Just be glad that you might get something. Stop demanding it like it like you bought it. It's fucking annoying. I am sure you will get something if you just stop being so impolite!!! Relax... it's not like noone else is going to share the information later on. Everybody will get to know what the craiginators specs are eventually.

Magnulus said:
Ooooh! How's the Eee PC working out? I'm very curious about those things. A bit bummed about the price it ended up with, but I guess there's always the second generation! ^_^
I was thinking about the Eee in relation to the Craiginator... It seems to me like the Craiginator will be a better choice for me as long as I don't intend to write, like, lenghty articles and stuff on it. I mean, it'll be much smaller, with the same resolution on the screen and about the same price, so for something simple to cart around and write short notes and check emails on (AND do some homebrew and emu gaming) the Craiginator must be the best match, right? Especially when I wouldn't have installed windows on the Eee anyway.

As potentially the only retailer of both at the same time, what're your thoughts on that, Craig?
Well since the Eee PC has *0* gaming controllers on board, the Craiginator has 2 analogs and a d-pad + gaming buttons and you did mention you wanted to play games I think the answer is pretty clear.

But DaveC, since you're all about getting the best emulation experience, wouldn't a relatively full-sized qwerty keyboard and a fairly large screen be best for playing new and old PC games? :)

Squidge said:
Hmmm, Windows moans about its page file not being big enough every time I open Firefox, and you want a derivative of that on the Craiginator? Are you mad?
How many extensions do you have? Favorites? Themes? Memory leaks?

Flock has less of the last one. And the others: why would you need them (other than maybe one theme)?

Squidge said:
Hmmm, Windows moans about its page file not being big enough every time I open Firefox, and you want a derivative of that on the Craiginator? Are you mad?

Nokia uses the MicroB Gecko engine for their new IT OS 2008 on their internet tablets (same resolution/similar hardware than the new craigthingy). what i have seen its wonderful and fast. they replaced opera 8 and now support AJAX and Flash9. nice.

Btw it would be a nice surprise if this thing runs Maemo/ IT OS 2008 by default. its a nice interface, a mature platform with some software and excellent internet support. the nokia n810 is sooo similar in hardware. OMAP, PowerVR lite, 128MB Ram, 800x480 screen, slider keyboard, miniSD (or micro?). and it runs a small debian derivate (Maemo) with a repository system.

I think i wait and see how well bluetooth integration works (with an usb stick, or an sdio bluetooth card, if thats possible and we have two slots) before i buy a n800. hm. hm.

atomicthumbs said:
Squidge said:
How many extensions do you have? Favorites? Themes? Memory leaks?

Flock has less of the last one. And the others: why would you need them (other than maybe one theme)?

On this PC:

Extensions: 1 - English dictionary
Themes: 1 - Firefox default
Favourites: 7
Tabs open: 1

Mem usage: 43MB (VM: 32MB)

xnopasaranx said:
Come on, stop nagging already! You have donated to leukemia research. You can't expect to receive anything for that. Just be glad that you might get something. Stop demanding it like it like you bought it. It's fucking annoying. I am sure you will get something if you just stop being so impolite!!! Relax... it's not like noone else is going to share the information later on. Everybody will get to know what the craiginators specs are eventually.
Jesus thanks for the support guys.. I havent demanded a GOD DAMN thing here, my tone has never been out of order. I should have wrote 'eligible' instead of 'due' the last post.. but whatever- that's what I meant in the first place. My english is crap, and I try to put effort into it here, there's odd mistakes though. So did you donate? and if so, will you share it with us? or ME in particular seeing as most people seem to be looking out for themselves here on this matter?

Listen, I DIDN'T DONATE TO GET THE INFO AT THE LAST MINUTE OR THE WEEK AFTER <_< I donated straight off. You're all saying that in my position you would be happy to forget it, are you? good samaritans that you are... shit thanks everyone for categorizing me as the bad guy here, and jumping on the bandwagon. All I asked for was a simple confirmation it isn't my fault that I've been ignored up 'til now.

Don't forget, Craig's been in at least 3 times since I began asking- MWeston a couple too - no no NO I realise I am not extra important- but for f's sake I don't get why you guys have to look on it like I'm out of order for trying to get an answer. There's no other way to go about it, considering the problem (if it was one) is with the frickin email...

The way you talk at me, I'm glad I'm 'fucking annoying' you in particular... as for anyone else, I am sorry to be a pain. Really. :(
You bet I will stop asking now, but not for your sake xnopasaranx. There's little chance that someone in charge hasn't noticed what has happened here, but after this shit you're giving me over it, painting a picture.. I just hope that Craig and co. don't take me for some kind of scumbag and decide to overlook me on purpose... thanks a bunch, really though. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back