Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to get this thing it is going to be incredible. I do agree that we should make a list of confirmed, expected, and possible features of this thing. If no one has done it by the next time I check here then I will post one. I've got a question though. I never had a GP2X so I'm not very familiar with this but will we be able to just compile anything for this that can run on Linux and have it run, although it might be slow?

Recording Audio is great for long Life Preformances, or long Dj Sets.
Home Dj's and pro Dj's/Producers wil find this very usefull.
a Pocket Recorder rules ^^, (my minidisc did it great for long time ^^)

Moxie said:
javaJake said:
I had this idea for a while, but I never mentioned it since it is almost unnecessary, besides perhaps voice chat. I assumed if we got Bluetooth, microphones would only be a driver or two away anyway. :)
Nonono. You're not thinking correctly.

Portable softsynth. Real-time audio effects. In-your-pocket DAW. *drools*

lol, if you say so... :D

/me doesn't know what Moxie is talking about.
Edit: Heheh, now I know what you're talking about. It'd be cool, but it's really more or less a low-priority as far as this community is concerned... unless I'm wrong again. I could be. Easily. :p

evol said:
this one is lightweight to
http://www.netsurf-browser.org/

This browser lacks one important feature - tabs. :(

mavsman4457 said:
If no one has done it by the next time I check here then I will post one.
/me begins his usual rant about how wikis are perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
mavsman4457 said:
I can't wait to get this thing it is going to be incredible. I do agree that we should make a list of confirmed, expected, and possible features of this thing. If no one has done it by the next time I check here then I will post one. I've got a question though. I never had a GP2X so I'm not very familiar with this but will we be able to just compile anything for this that can run on Linux and have it run, although it might be slow?
I made one here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38044

Two things need to be updated: possible use of OMAP, and dual analog joysticks. I just don't want to do it right now. I'm subtly drizzunk and would probably eff it up. :D

I just thought of a couple of things that I thought might be cool, make that very cool, although not necessary, and probably most people here will shut these down. Built in FM transmitter, built in microphone, rumble. Again, I'm not in love with these things and I by no means am expecting these to be included into the device but I think they would be sweet.

mavsman4457 said:
I just thought of a couple of things that I thought might be cool, make that very cool, although not necessary, and probably most people here will shut these down. Built in FM transmitter, built in microphone, rumble. Again, I'm not in love with these things and I by no means am expecting these to be included into the device but I think they would be sweet.
Built in mic is very important.

Zodiac has rumble(you can deactivate it) and it's good for alarms(and some games). And this device will have pda functions.
For new gamers is very appealing.
My nephews (they have a psp and a nds) like a lot the rumble from my zodiac.

Rumble in a hand held is fucking ridiculous and stupid and would add physical bulk aswell as wasting money and substantially shortening battery life. Also it may shake components loose and break the device.

sam fisher said:
Rumble in a hand held is fucking ridiculous and stupid and would add physical bulk aswell as wasting money and substantially shortening battery life. Also it may shake components loose and break the device.
Zodiac is very slim and has a rumble.
Rumble doesn't short battery life. Because I easily deactivate it in game's menu or alarm preferences.
For a game handeld is not ridiculous.

sam fisher said:
I just really hope it doesn't have rumble.
Don't worry, there probably won't be rumble anyways since this is the first time it's been brought up but if there were it could be as small as a phone vibrate and I would hope that as someone said it could be turned on and off for maximum customization, or what would be better is if you could choose the degree of rumble from maximum to minimum to off. That would be sweet.

javaJake said:
mavsman4457 said:
Don't worry, there probably won't be rumble anyways since this is the first time it's been brought up
Then Craig comes along... :D ;)

Haha I can only hope. That would be a really nice feature and the more I think about those three that I mentioned the more I like it especially with the way that I described it if you could turn rumble up or down or off. In order or desire for me though it would definitely go FM Transmitter, then rumble, then microphone. And I would like bluetooth in there somewhere but that wasn't in the three that I mentioned and I know it has already been discussed :).

I don't think rumble would be a good idea. It doesn't make much since to have rumble in a handheld...

I could drop it cause of rumble...lol

I think rumble should probably be placed on the bottom on the list of wanted features...next to cupholder and taser

Phones have a rumble and that dosent make people drop them or shake the components loose. I think rumble would be a good feature.

Turnip said:
Phones have a rumble and that dosent make people drop them or shake the components loose. I think rumble would be a good feature.
I suppose, but I guess I just don't see a any purpose in rumble. In phones, its to let you know you have a phone call, text message, or something of that nature.

I suppose you could use it as rumble for Playstation and N64 emulators.

But, how much more would rumble cost? Does anyone know?

I'm in the "no rumble please" camp.

I think in the interest of device size, weight, battery life, robustness and ease and cost of manufacture, rumble is something which takes away more than it adds.

I also don't want to risk dropping the device if I'm not holding it firmly enough when an app decides to vibrate the unit! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back