Outcast

Thunderchild

Website
Visit site
Before you ask, yes i did read the readme file but I must be missing something.

I have the tos file and have put it where the readme says, I have two games on my card at the mo (should get the complete romset today....YAY!!!!) but when i select one of them then start the emu I get a list of games on a disk and can't select anything from it no matter what button i press on the 2x or keyboard, or I get d desk top environemet come up with 2 disks with nothing on them. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry if this is confusing!!!!!

:blink:

if memory serves you have to mount the discs to a drive

bring up the menu by pressing select and there will be an option in there hope this helps.

beanfarmer

Not sure exactly what you're seeing..

ie: If you'v got the green desktop up, your TOS is good then.

If you didn't 'insert' floppies, then your desktop A drive will bring up nothign when 'double clicked' (using left of the 4 face buttons).

If you did insert a floppy at the main picker (after the intro at load time), then you'll either auto-boot the disk, or be able to pull up the directory listing with a virtual double-click. If you bring up the dir listing, double click on a TOS or PRG program..

Most cracker disks (.ST and .MSA files are disks) have boot loader menus, so you needn't use the desktop; some need you to run the program by hand (so that you could copy it to hard drives and such back in the day).

jeff

To the Mod who ammended my sig to read the big red writing, all you have done is put a big fat advert that romsets are for sale (for how much longer i don't know) on Ebay, and not just by me. The grown up thing to do would have been to remove the post, PM me and give a warning, but eh who am I to argue?

The Mod did change it to read "I am a fucking idiot who put illiegal links to ebay auctions, selling romsets is cool!" in big red letters but when I deleted it it took it off the previous post.

Oh and I still can't get outcast to work right!!!!!!

Not sure exactly what you're seeing..

ie: If you'v got the green desktop up, your TOS is good then.

If you didn't 'insert' floppies, then your desktop A drive will bring up nothign when 'double clicked' (using left of the 4 face buttons).

If you did insert a floppy at the main picker (after the intro at load time), then you'll either auto-boot the disk, or be able to pull up the directory listing with a virtual double-click. If you bring up the dir listing, double click on a TOS or PRG program..

Most cracker disks (.ST and .MSA files are disks) have boot loader menus, so you needn't use the desktop; some need you to run the program by hand (so that you could copy it to hard drives and such back in the day).

jeff

Cheers Jeff,

Finally got it sorted, at the mo I only have Pacman and Xenon2 I kept tryng it with Pacman but it wouldn't work but worked first time with Xenon so my Pacman rom must be no good. Thanks for the help, gerat emu!!!!

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back