Overclocking

BillyCoen

Still Fresh
If my gp32 can't be overclocked over over 132Mhz,what are the thing that I can't use?For example,the snes emu will work or not?

yes it will work, but i might be slower then someone who can over clock to higher

if i have a piece of software that sets the clock speed of my GP32 to 166Mz (e.g. gpcinema) but i have no overclocking modifications, what Happens?

mystic_twin posted on May 16 2004 at 11:42 AM said:
if i have a piece of software that sets the clock speed of my GP32 to 166Mz (e.g. gpcinema) but i have no overclocking modifications, what Happens?
if your gp32 is able to overclock then it will overclock but if it isnt able to then it will restart or crash. you DO NOT need a modification tobe able to overclock although there is one available

Last edited by a moderator:
sime go32s can overcloick with out modifications. if you set it to 166 and it runs, congratz, you got a 166 machine.

If it crashes, try a lower setting, and keep reapeating untill you find a setting that works

mystic_twin posted on May 16 2004 at 10:42 AM said:
Well, if your gp can overclock to that speed then it will happily run, if not it will merely reboot itself.

I've come to the conclusion that gpcinema is a little different to other programmes that overclock, settings that i says it can achieve at 166mhz dont always work. If you want to know if you can overclock i'd recommend trying os9xgp or the fgen xmas beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
some (around half) gp32's can run no problem at 166MHz out of the box. Some require the cpu core voltage mod to attain it. If yours runs fine at 166, you're sorted :)

Doom V9 at 166MHz is a good test, also gpengine at 166MHz

malty

uh, afaik the xmas beta of fgen had variable clock speeds, in fact it must have had cos my gp32 can only OC to 156 and it played the xmas beta fine (though Gigadrive is currently better :p)

Back