Overclocking

CAZMIESTER

Has anyone noticed the new hotfixes lower overclocking i know its probably for the best but alot of mame games require a good boost to be playable could the one gig overclock be reimplemented?????? :) :) :)

Has anyone noticed the new hotfixes lower overclocking i know its probably for the best but alot of mame games require a good boost to be playable could the one gig overclock be reimplemented?????? :) :) :)

As far as I know its never been able to OC to 1GHZ with the default OC script. I use a script someone made on the forum. I think his name was Jb0x or something, cab't quite remeber. it's in the overclocking thread over at gp32x.

I can't seem to find the thread rite now but if you need it I have it on my Pandora. Lemme know if you need it :)

I'm not sure what you're talking about... overclocking is just the same for me as it was with HF4. I can still get to 1.15GHz if I overvolt. The new cpu script is even better for this.

I'm not sure what you're talking about... overclocking is just the same for me as it was with HF4. I can still get to 1.15GHz if I overvolt. The new cpu script is even better for this.
its the overclock in settings m8 hf4 was 900mhz now with hf5 its down to 800mhz

Which script is this you speak of :) the one I'm using has max of 1GHZ

He speaks of the default one. I used to be able to go to 900mhz fine without over volting, now it stops at 800. Though I think i've seen an area to easily change that somewhere in the Pandora's settings.

He speaks of the default one. I used to be able to go to 900mhz fine without over volting, now it stops at 800. Though I think i've seen an area to easily change that somewhere in the Pandora's settings.

Hmm no the default script GUI on the Pandora does not go past 1GHz I am sure of that.

hey guys you don't fear to kill your pandora?

Yes and no. I don't want to intentionally brake it but it's here to be used and enjoyed OC'ing that extra little bit can be the difference between playable and unplayable. When the madness is over orders are caught up with I'll be buying a second Pandora for incase I do indeed, push it too far.

The biggest mhz i dit clock to was 800mhz, but all my ps1 games work fine whit 700mhz, some n64 games like pilotwings and super smash bros need the 800mhz, i hope im on the save side whit this, per default, i have about 650mhz for the normal use on the desktop, thats a bit faster than the 500mhz, but cant make much diverent in the akku

ah i see in minimenu you can change settings here sorry about this little oversite

I changed the upper limit of the cpu speed script using the cpu settings menu under... well... settings. It's right there: setting the max allowed OPP level, default clock speed, min/max clocks...

Maybe I'm just not understanding what the problem is here, but the default script is totally find with me. It does everything I'd want an overclocking utility to be capable of.

Well, the cpu-script is now using settings that can be customized, and the default ones were lower than the old default ones ;)

Well, the cpu-script is now using settings that can be customized, and the default ones were lower than the old default ones ;)

Right, because like ED just said, they can be customized. No need to freak out, guys.

The new script for that is probably my favourite new feature aside from the default scaler setting. :p I now have the slider set to display only the maximum that my particular unit can overclock to at the stock voltage, which is 850MHz (I don't have any need to overvolt mine, but it's nice to have that option, too!).

Last edited by a moderator:
The new script for that is probably my favourite new feature aside from the default scaler setting. :p I now have the slider set to display only the maximum that my particular unit can overclock to at the stock voltage, which is 850MHz (I don't have any need to overvolt mine, but it's nice to have that option, too!).
How do you figure out what the max your unit can overclock to? This sounds like an excellent optimization...especially since I'd like to stay at OPP3.

How do you figure out what the max your unit can overclock to? This sounds like an excellent optimization...especially since I'd like to stay at OPP3.
Trial and error. Increase it 50, does it lock up? Increase it again. Keep in mind that simply running the desktop overclocked may not prove it is stable: some instructions might run fine at high clocks, but then another instruction might be a lot more sensitive; you need to run some applications that'll actually test the chip and memory to show it's still stable. The PSX emulator is a good thing to try: if your overclock is stable there, there's a good chance it'll be stable everywhere else.

In addition to what Stan says, it's worth noting that the PSX emulator uses NEON (which is not overclocking-friendly), so you may find that for that emulator, you have to clock lower than for others. As I said before, my unit's maximum at OPP3 is 850MHz, but for PCSX-ReARMed, it has to be 750MHz, or it will lock up.

Back