Pandora 1GHz Edition - funny sounds

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, I noticed a short buzz/hum in irregular intervals while using the Pandora (Minimenu).

Any other ppl experienced with that? Is this normal?

Thanks

That's normal with all units. It's a discharge when the Pandora switches off the audio amp to safe power. It does that if you haven't run any sounds for a while.

It won't happen while playing music or games.

That's normal with all units. It's a discharge when the Pandora switches off the audio amp to safe power. It does that if you haven't run any sounds for a while.

It won't happen while playing music or games.

Thanks for the quick response, E_D

Any way to disable this? Otherwise can I setup an mp3 tune that runs, while in the minimenu (as background music)?

Does it do those sounds while in Desktop mode?

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
My washing machine makes an odd noise when going from the Soak to Spin cycle.. Can I disable this or can I make my washing machine be on spin the whole time.

Seriously I've heard this on both my Pandoras for a long time and never bothered me ( Although I do love the sound old MFM harddrives makes so maybe I'm not the best example..)

But even more seriously, you could ask one of the guru's on how to disable the power saving on the audio system.. but obviously this would eat battery life since it's driving the amplifier all the time, verses shutting off when not needed. I have a feeling this may be a hardwired into the DAC circuitry so you may not be able to..

My washing machine makes an odd noise when going from the Soak to Spin cycle.. Can I disable this or can I make my washing machine be on spin the whole time.

Seriously I've heard this on both my Pandoras for a long time and never bothered me ( Although I do love the sound old MFM harddrives makes so maybe I'm not the best example..)

But even more seriously, you could ask one of the guru's on how to disable the power saving on the audio system.. but obviously this would eat battery life since it's driving the amplifier all the time, verses shutting off when not needed. I have a feeling this may be a hardwired into the DAC circuitry so you may not be able to..

Thanks

I add a bit of sarcasm with real advice. did you just get hung up on my Sarcasm instead of reading the whole thing... also see my Member status above my avatar..

I add a bit of sarcasm with real advice. did you just get hung up on my Sarcasm instead of reading the whole thing... also see my Member status above my avatar..
ok, besides that, do you have something productive to this thread? I would appreciate that.

Sure, send a private message MWeston the designer of the audio system (among other things) and ask him how to eliminate this obviously crippling issue.

...or, possibly, read the proper part of the response: Doing this (amongst other things) is what gives you your 10h battery time. It is a good thing.

Thanks guys, I just thought something was broken, but even the shop owner / developer told me it's normal.

Also I think this is not even hearable through headphones/audiojack, so really nothing to worry about.

Now if I read this and think about it, I didn't hear this "poing" sound since my recent LCD cable replacement. Is it possible that the new LCD cables can prevent this? The old cable had silver metallic shielding, rev. nr. 1.3, the new one has black plastic-like layer in bended area and rev. nr. 5. Is it possible that something has been changed in regards to speakers which are directly attached to LCD cable?

Also I think this is not even hearable through headphones/audiojack, so really nothing to worry about.

It's also hearable over headphones. Noticed it yesterday. And I would have been surprised if not, as it's the amp, which 'feeds' both.

Thanks for this thread. Actually I thought there was a small issue with my Pandora too. :)

It's also hearable over headphones. Noticed it yesterday. And I would have been surprised if not, as it's the amp, which 'feeds' both.

Thanks for this thread. Actually I thought there was a small issue with my Pandora too. :)

You're welcome, that's what I thought in first place. Hoped, I wasn't the only one with this exotic feature ;)

Really? Never noticed it on headphones.

Well, I didn't pay attention too closely so the sounds might differ, but at least there is also a noticeable sound over headphones for my pandora a few seconds after I ended a game or music-playback. You can hear the amp getting turned on/off.

My First Batch pandora I can't hear it unless I have headphones on, it's not that loud and barely noticeable. My Rebirth Pandora I can hear the noise over both quite well.

Doesn't bug me much, but I knew I already knew what the sound was.

Back