pandora asks me suddenly a password (and i can't login)

My Pandora has been booting off the NAND for years now. There is no problem with that, honestly.

Now, if this happens to you several times, it is most likely something like a space problem that builds up over time. Some of the old culprits were web browsers and email clients (Qupzilla and Claws mail used to have these problems earlier, at least), which redirected all visible things to the correct appdata directory, but kept an invisible cache directory in the home directory on the Nand. In that way, stuff will invisibly build up as the cache files expand over several sessions of web surfing until suddenly things does not work any more.

Quick check to see whether things are building up:

Open a terminal and type

df

This command will show the space usage on different parts of the file system. You're looking for the ubi0:rootfs numbers, in the column "Used". Note down this number. Then use your pandora normally for a week or so - Surf the web, read email, play games, whatever. Then, do it again and compare the numbers. There are some natural variations (the firmware does have some stuff there that does change), but if the "Used" number is markedly growing, or you do this test several times and see a steady growth, then you know something is eating your space. Then you come back and we continue the procedure :)

thanks guys for your help and your answers.

Moxie: i will try this from time to time but is it correct to just use the "gui" by clicking on the file manager icon and the file system drive? the space number is showed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is somewhat the same thing, but df gives the numbers with greater precision (I think - I must admit that I haven't used the file manager much), so that you'll get "385613 blocks used" instead of "370 M". That makes it easier to see small cumulative changes. If you can get the number with similar precision from the file manager, then it is the same thing :)

Back