Pandora Bonus

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip
When I was running dev-scene.com, I tried a small project to get developers a little bit of incentive

http://www.dev-scene.com/Developers

The donations were not massive, some developers got a few hundred, some more $2.50... but the idea remains. Would developers be interested in being included in a list managed list, and people could donate as they wish.

Maybe we can recommend Flattr or something similar. The whole idea is pretty simple.

Edit: The PND repo could just include a donate/paypal string and could included in any PND client.

Complex option:

Create a list of requirements, and I want the collective 'us' to pay developers whom reach those goals.

Without being a prick. If an application works well, and reaches these goals. if it makes the Pandora a pleasure to use, and if it required considerable effort. Id like to give them a bonus.

I can throw money as a starter in the pool. Anyone like/dislike this idea?

The main question remains - Where do we draw the line, the OS teams? The PND/pandora frameworks? the app developers only?

Not quite sure if this will do anything, I mean, the Pandora Repo already supports Donate/PayPal links, and they sit alongside the PNDs that are being downloaded. Having another site that's just devs and links seem kind of redundant by comparison. Unless I've missed something?

+1 For Flattr support. I need more things to Flattr!

Why don't more people on this forum have flattr button in their sigs? I've flattr'd ED several times since I joined.

Back