Pandora clamshell hinge + touchscreen usage = wobble?

Sidler

Still Fresh
Hi, looking forward to the Pandora, but I just had a question about the clamshell hinge.

Will it be solid enough to take some hardcore tapping without wobbling?

Personally, I don't think I'll be using a stylus to do a lot of interfacing, but I might like to doodle in Gimp or something every once in a while. As far as I can tell, the only thing supporting the upper shell is the hinge in the center. I'm just wondering if the screen hinge is solid enough to take sustained contact from a stylus without wobbling back and away from pressure and disrupting the stylus input.

I guess it's hard to tell right now with the prototypes as they are a different material, so I'd really like to know how the production cases hold up to stylus usage.

'Course, my primary concern is the internals, the power, flexibility, and compactness, but it would be nice to know that the hinge is robust and steady and not a likely source of trouble.

Worse comes to worse, I will personally glue a stylish set of gold chains between the lower and upper shell in order to limit any potential screen wobble during stylus usage.

forum dead.

go look somewhere else.

concerning you question: no idea. maybe compare it to a ds

[CLOSED]

Regarding the comment that this forum is dead, you might try reposting your question on gp32x.de in the Pandora section there. When that forum got fixed this forum became abandoned again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I was going to, but with the production cases less than a couple weeks away, I guess I'll just wait for some video of the new cases before quizzing about the hinges again.

At any rate, I agree with hans_franz that it's likely a DS setup, in which case I'll do the gold chain setup or something equally useful and less hideous.

Back