Pandora Pandora Control Mappings

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hey, just wanted to try and get some confirmation on this as I'm 99% sure of most of these, but still unsure about the shoulder buttons...

Buttons: SDLK_*:

A SDLK_HOME
B SDLK_END
X SDLK_PAGEDOWN
Y SDLK_PAGEUP
START SDLK_LALT
SELECT SDLK_LCTRL
L SDLK_RSHIFT (?)
R SDLK_RCTRL (?)

Personally this is how I treat the left analog (as a mouse):

*note: I set HalfScreenX and HalfScreenY as half of the SizeX and SizeY that I used to init SDL's video*

Code:
//Small hack to get Pandora's left nub to act like a joystick!
#ifdef TARGET_PANDORA
    int MouseX, MouseY;
    SDL_GetMouseState(&MouseX, &MouseY);
    int DeltaX = MouseX - HalfScreenX;
    int DeltaY = MouseY - HalfScreenY;
    SDL_WarpMouse(HalfScreenX, HalfScreenY);
#endif

//Left
if (DeltaX < -5)
{
   //Do whatever for Left here!
}

//Right
if (DeltaX > 5)

//Up
if (DeltaY < -5)

//Down
if (DeltaY > 5)

*Note: you don't have to use 5 and -5, I just do cause it seems to give a good mix of dead area with diagonal availability in RACE!*

You could also use DeltaX and DeltaY to get an angle and distance for a more analog approach if you wanted, this is just what I use for things with 4 ordinals...

What is worrying me is how I'm going to use the second nub later on in a similar method without causing all sorts of clicks, or if I stop it from registering clicks somehow, how I'll reset it to what it was before running my app... (useful for games that use 2 analogs)

Once again, feel free to laugh at my silly ways of handling stuff and ignorance to proper form, but I've searched around for this info a few times and can't find a nice, clean place where it is all sitting together so I thought I'd dump it here before other people go out of their way to do what I did and watch what hitting the buttons in web browsers, menus and mousepad to figure out what the buttons are mapped to.

Confirmation of the L and R triggers would be nice, but I'm sure I'll give it my usual brute force tests and find out if I'm right or not ;)

Sounds more or less right off the top of my head. Easy to check right? :)

the nubs have modes; offhand is mouse mode and absolute mode so image here is a mousebutton mode. I forget he devce name off hand /path/to/nub1 and nub2. You can gt current mode from them and echo in a new value like "absolute" etc

it's sort of hackish, since these are system-wide settings buts that's how it is :) hence.. In your job on pnd, get mode, set it, run app, set it back to original mode

jeffPhone

Code:
FILE * pFile;
 char pnd_nubstate0[25]   = "/proc/pandora/nub0/mode";
 char pnd_nubstate1[25]   = "/proc/pandora/nub1/mode";

char prev_nub_state0[20] = "none";
char prev_nub_state1[20] = "none";

Code:
    // Get nub0 previous state and set to gamemode
     pFile = fopen (pnd_nubstate0 , "w+");
     if (pFile == NULL) perror ("Error opening file");
     else {
       if ( strcmp(prev_nub_state0, "none" ) == 0 ) {
         fgets (prev_nub_state0, 100 , pFile);
       }
       printf( "Nub 0 previous state: %sn", prev_nub_state0 );
       fputs ( "absolute", pFile);
       fclose (pFile);
     }

Code:
    // Set nub1 previous state
     pFile = fopen (pnd_nubstate0 , "w+");
     if (pFile == NULL) perror ("Error opening file");
     else {
       fputs ( prev_nub_state0, pFile);
       printf( "Nub 0 previous state restored: %sn", prev_nub_state0 );
       fclose (pFile);
     }

I remember a while back that ED said that the R shoulder was the Compose Key. Is this right?

-God Ginrai

Back