Pandora custom engraving

Avversario

Hello again, EvilDragon! Is it possible to engrave Russian letters along with Latin ones when ordering Pandora? Or can I do it myself?

OK, I know I'm supposed to let ED answer first, but I'll say this anyway:

You might want to explain your question a bit more clearly - do you want a keyboard with Cyrillic characters? Your name engraved on the case? Software support for non-Roman alphabets?

- Binky :)

Oh, sorry for all this misunderstanding! I was writing about Cyrillic letters engraved along with Latin ones on the keyboard. That would be useful for me when using browser, text editor and other stuff. BTW what did you mean by software support for non-Roman alphabets? You don't want to say that programs like text processors don't support Cyrillic alphabet?

OK - the work 'engraved' threw me - the letters are part if the keymat, not engraved into it

As far as I know there is only one pandora keymat available, and it would be quite difficult to make a different one

You can change what each key does in software, and I expect pandora(Linux) support for other character sets to be quite good (but I don't know)

It may be necessary to manually install the Russian locale data as I don't believe it to be in the firmware by default. The locale data is in the opkg repo though (package name locale-base-ru-ru) so it can be installed with a single command. I would expect that that would include support for the Cyrillic character sets.

- Neelix

Back