Pandora GPU Specs?

TylerAW

I tried to look up how many polys the PowerVR SGX 530 can calculate per second but that info is apparently not available on Google or lost somewhere.

But then, measuring a GPU in polygons per second is like measuring a motor by its unloaded top speed.

You're ignoring all kind of important factors like shading and whatnot.

Unless you're planning to write a game that just draws hundreds of thousands of flat, unlit, untextured triangles?

Edit: I heard we only have 2 shader processors, this concerns me since I heard the SGX was going to have kickass shading. But the demo videos are still promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
But then, measuring a GPU in polygons per second is like measuring a motor by its unloaded top speed.

You're ignoring all kind of important factors like shading and whatnot.

Unless you're planning to write a game that just draws hundreds of thousands of flat, unlit, untextured triangles?

Edit: I heard we only have 2 shader processors, this concerns me since I heard the SGX was going to have kickass shading. But the demo videos are still promising.
I have an idea for a 3D front end if someone cold help me write it, I could model a cartridge for each game console like a SNES cartridge and when you hit play rom it shows a 3D animation of inserting a cartridge into a 3D snes, each cartridge would have a texture on it with a name of the game you wanted to play.

Also can the GPU be overclocked?

Back