Pandora Handheld Emulator List?

puppydee said:
It's a shame the FreeDO guy is being such a donkey, I would of loved to see the 3DO being showed some love for a change. I loved the 3DO and I've got a load of games for it in the attic collecting dust just waiting for a descent emulator to play them on. I'm kinda hoping someone will take up the challenge of doing an emulator on the pandora but it wont be any time soon though i don't think. Nice dream though :rolleyes:

I don't know what the future of 3DO emulation will be like.. not just for Pandora, but for anything. The FreeDO team had non-public documents and tools that we don't. I've seen API documents before but it's not really enough to write an emulator from without a toolchain to help you cross-compare. Emulating one of the platforms at a low level is even less likely, but since 3DO was more of a specification than a hardware platform to begin with that's not strictly a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuxedomask29 said:
I agree, I still play my 3DO to this day and I still think Road Rash on it was more fun than any other iteration! It is actually the game that sold the system for me when I saw it on QVC way back when (LOL). It was also a cool system in that there was no worries with copy protection.

What was Road Rash on 3DO like compared to, say, the Saturn version?

I quite enjoyed the Saturn version but not as much as I enjoy Road Rash II on the Megadrive - in my opinion *the* most worthy sequel of all time!

I've read this about PSP emulation (in general)

Nope sorry, PSP emulation is still far from emulating commercial games...

so is this correct, are we only going to be able to play homebrew on this PSP emu that's being developed or actual games?

It means there's a lot of work to do until anything useful is playable.

I assume the goal is to make it eventually play commercial games, at some speed, but that is a long way off.

Pleng said:

I assume the goal is to make it eventually play commercial games, at some speed, but that is a long way off.

considering the delays in the pandoras release can that really be said to be true? the developers have had lots of time since they had the boards to play with right?

Paradox said:
considering the delays in the pandoras release can that really be said to be true? the developers have had lots of time since they had the boards to play with right?

lol considering he was a preorder first batcher like the rest of us and 90%+ of the rest of the devs, this can be the start of a good conspiracy theory.

Paradox said:
Pleng said:

Well firstly I don't think he has a Pandora to actually test his work on and secondly he's writing the entire thing from scratch IIRC. Don't expect to have PSP emulation any time soon! (Though if I'm proved wrong, no worries! :D)

Pleng said:
Paradox said:
Pleng said:

Well firstly I don't think he has a Pandora to actually test his work on and secondly he's writing the entire thing from scratch IIRC. Don't expect to have PSP emulation any time soon! (Though if I'm proved wrong, no worries! :D )

strange, you'd think since it was in their best interests (the OP team) they'd send guys like him dev units or something to speed up the process of emulators like this? and then give them free units when they are done. you know cause having complete PSP/N64/DC etc emulation will get a LOT of buyers. but that doesn't really need to be said does it..

The early dev boards cost in the vicinity of $1000 each, so they couldn't just send them out to anyone who said they would make such-and-such. They went out to a handful of devs for kernel development, and to prolific porting machines like Pickle. Jay and his PSP project didn't appear until long after that.

They recently freed up some hardware for Adventus, to get Mupen64plus running (which was already at an advanced stage thanks to Ari64).

Paradox said:
strange, you'd think since it was in their best interests (the OP team) they'd send guys like him dev units or something to speed up the process of emulators like this? and then give them free units when they are done. you know cause having complete PSP/N64/DC etc emulation will get a LOT of buyers. but that doesn't really need to be said does it..

Haha, you think having a few extra months with the hardware was all that's necessary for PSP, N64, and DC emulation. PSP emulation is still in its infancy on PC, why do you think someone can do a better emulator for Pandora in significantly less time? A majority of the work can be done without even having a Pandora, even for these platforms that benefit from ARM recompilers. That, and there are several other devices on the market now that have the same SoC as Pandora anyway, you could always get one of those, and JayFoxRox, Ari64, and drk||Raziel/ZeZu have all had BeagleBoards for a long time.

I've been using this emu lately for model 2 games, would it be possible to port it to the Pandora if it's source was available?

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/index.php

joshwaan2k said:
I've been using this emu lately for model 2 games, would it be possible to port it to the Pandora if it's source was available?

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/index.php

If i were you, i'd ask that question here instead: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50258-will-insert-name-here-work-on-the-pandora/

Back