Pandora has lower-than-normal battery life and runs some apps slowly - problem?

BlueMaxima

Since I got my Pandora I have noticed that the battery life on it has been lower than it should be reported - 8 or 9 hours on idle, 4-7 hours after exiting any emulator (battery at roughly 90% in both cases). I thought it was just a battery being strained more by a heavier app, but when I PMed EvilDragon asking this, and adding in that I've never reached fullspeed on the N64 emulator with Super Mario 64, he told me that it seemed like my unit was eating too much power, and to send it back. I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this?

My first Pandora was the same (even worse...only 3 hours with non-stop PS and N64 games on full brightness and max sound) and I could not work it out myself as to what on earth was wrong. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
To get SM64 running well you may need to tweak the settings and plugins.

With your battery, does it look slightly puffy? Could be a sign that it has deteriorated.

I am having this same exact problem with a pandora I bought off ebay. The battery does not look "puffy" though I don't have a "good" one to compare it to. I noticed that unless I shut it down, the unit will be dead in a matter of hours. However, while playing games and what not, the batter seems to last longer. Odd, I know.

Back